What You’ll Do
Below are just some of the challenges and problems we are trying to solve here at Gro. If you can help us with one or more we would love to speak with you - particularly if you’re eager to see your work have a bigger impact on the world
- Partner with our data ingestion team to help them evolve the next version of our data acquisition platform.
- Partner with our API and visualization teams to help them evolve the next version of our data serving platform.
- Partner with our data science teams to help them securely and easily access our data streams, capture their science and provide pathways for them to deploy their science within our products.
- Work within the devops team to provide easy to use developer experience tooling and processes facilitating engineers across all teams to build well-tested and well-architected components into our architecture.
- Work with the platform teams to capture and facilitate their engineering work as they evolve the next generation of our internal serving platform.
Who You Are
- Someone who is passionate about helping other engineers get things done efficiently
- Adept at, and motivated by, the concept of trying to automate yourself out of a job
- Internal customer focused team player; someone with a point of view who knows how to humbly express it and teach others to succeed technically
- Open-minded about languages/tools/frameworks, and able to make good decisions about which to use (and when) to solve a particular problem
What we’re looking for
- Experience with enterprise cloud infrastructure and services (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Proficiency in Terraform, Pulumi or any Infrastructure as Code platform
- Experience with Git, Github or other CICD tooling.
- Python proficiency
- BS in Computer Science, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience,
- 1+ years of relevant industry experience
Nice to have
- Familiarity with Postgres, Docker, Kubernetes or container orchestration in general, Rust, Airflow, DataBricks, Flyway, Flux, Kompose
- Proficiency with a systems programming language (e.g. C/C++, Rust, Go, etc.)
- Strong Desire to ensure the Director never introduces Perl into production
- Experience in technical leadership, leading project teams, and setting technical direction
We need both generalists and specialists - so if you’re reading this and think you can make an impact as an engineer specializing in any of the areas mentioned, or even hinted at, above then please apply and let us know!
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided