Who we are:
Raft (https://goraft.tech) is a customer-obsessed non-traditional small business with a purposeful focus on Distributed Data Systems, Platforms at Scale, and Complex Application Development, with headquarters in Reston, VA. Our range of clients include innovative federal and public agencies leveraging design thinking, cutting edge tech stack, and cloud native ecosystem. We build digital solutions that impact the lives of millions of Americans.
We’re looking for an experienced Senior DevSecOps Engineer to support our customer and join our passionate team of high-impact problem solvers. This is a unique opportunity to help build and shape a game-changing organization where we put our customers and people first.
About the role:
Design, Develop, and test software for DoD based products Develop front end and backend of software prototypes, components, and tooling that can be leveraged to speed prototyping process Follow development methodologies - Extreme Programming (XP) Practices, Pair-Programming, Test-Driven Development (TDD), CI/CD techniques Help to design and develop software requirements for multiple DoD based products including the software architectures, APIs, frameworks, and libraries Work with data scientists, UX designers, engineers, and product managers to help in composing cohesive and sound software designs that form the basis of scalable DoD software solutions .
What we are looking for:
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience
- 5+ years' experience with Docker or Kubernetes, provisioning production clusters and maintaining their compliance
- Experienced with building, deployment, release automation, or orchestration
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (e.g. Terraform, Ansible, etc.)
- Experience with configuring CI/CD pipelines using GitLab Runners
- Solid understanding of Helm Charts
- Experience using a variety of package managers/dependency managers including Maven, Gradle, NPM, and Yarn
- Knowledge of Istio
- Experience with supporting enterprise Cloud applications or infrastructure
- Strong command in a like Python, GoLang, or Typescript for automation
- Circle CI and Cloud Foundry
- Familiarity with Platform One, Big Bang, and the DSOP
- Ability to Obtain Secret clearance
What we will offer you:
- Highly competitive salary
- Fully covered healthcare, dental, and vision coverage
- 401(k) and company match
- Unlimited PTO + 11 paid holidays
- Education & training benefits
- Annual budget for your tech/gadgets needs
- Monthly box of yummy snacks to eat while doing meaningful work
- Team off-site in fun places!
- Generous Referral Bonuses
- And More!
Our Vision Statement:
We bridge the gap between humans and data through radical transparency and our obsession with the mission.
Our Customer Obsession:
We will approach every deliverable like it's a product. We will adopt a customer-obsessed mentality. As we grow, and our footprint becomes larger, teams and employees will treat each other not only as teammates but customers. We must live the customer-obsessed mindset, always. This will help us scale and it will translate to the interactions that our Rafters have with their clients and other product teams that they integrate with. Our culture will enable our success and set us apart from other companies.
How do we get there?
Public-sector modernization is critical for us to live in a better world. We, at Raft, want to innovate and solve complex problems. And, if we are successful, our generation and the ones that follow us will live in a delightful, efficient, and accessible world where out-of-box thinking, and collaboration is a norm.
Raft’s core philosophy is Ubuntu: I Am, Because We are. We support our “nadi” by elevating the other Rafters. We work as a hyper collaborative team where each team member brings a unique perspective, adding value that did not exist before. People make Raft special. We celebrate each other and our cognitive and cultural diversity. We are devoted to our practice of innovation and collaboration.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided