Shapeways’ digital manufacturing platform offers customers access to high-quality manufacturing from start to finish through automation, innovation, and digitization. The company’s purpose-built software, a wide selection of materials and technologies, and global supply chain lower manufacturing barriers and speed delivery of quality products. Shapeways’ digital manufacturing services have empowered more than one million customers worldwide to produce more than 21 million parts using 11 different technologies and 90 different materials and finishes.
Headquartered in New York City, Shapeways has ISO 9001-compliant manufacturing facilities in Long Island City, NY, and the Netherlands and a network of verified partners around the globe. In September 2021, Shapeways became a publicly-traded company on the NYSE under the ticker SHPW.
Why is an Associate Director of Cloud & IT Operations important to us?
This is a leadership position within Shapeways technology organization. As an Associate Director of Cloud & IT Operations, you will develop and implement a strategic vision, strategy, and roadmap that guides the consumption of Cloud, On-Prem Infrastructure, and IT Services in accordance with security and operational framework best practices. A robust understanding of best practices and emerging technologies to support continuous improvement and accelerate delivery of infrastructure solutions are keys to success.
As an Associate Director of Cloud & IT Operations, you will:
- Drive cloud migration projects and cost controls, periodic reporting on operational and cost metrics, while ensuring best practices are implemented and manage the cloud transformation program.
- Improve the maturity of Cloud and on-prem Infrastructure services to improve efficiency, deliver new innovations, and increase collaboration with other business areas (e.g., through Agile and DevOps)
- Contribute to the development and execution of enterprise-wide tech strategy and be responsible for ensuring Cloud and strategy are fully aligned, positioning infrastructure to deliver compelling business value.
- Build successful stakeholder relationships with other IT and business leaders by developing a clear understanding of business needs, acting as a trusted advisor, and ensuring cost-effective delivery of Cloud and on-prem Infrastructure services to meet business needs.
- Design and implement multi-tier architecture solutions that are highly available and fault tolerant; Implement computing architecture solutions that address security and compliance fundamentals, deployment automation, and elastic sizing of environments
- Lead IT operations for the company including a strong focus on Cybersecurity & compliance
- Present operational, data center, and cost-related periodic reports to the senior management team.
- Provide direction on what emerging technologies should be incorporated into Cloud services to successfully deliver overall IT strategy.
- Work with Infrastructure as Code, Configuration Management systems, CI/CD pipelines, leverage large-scale monitoring, and logging platforms and be able to analyze and debug production issues.
- Ensure availability and performance of Shapeways products and services
- Build and maintain development and live environments and supporting infrastructure in conjunction with software engineering teams
- As a people manager, mentor a team of senior DevOps and IT engineers and plan for staffing needs
- Assist with hiring top technical talent into the organization
You might be a good fit if you (have, possess, are):
- 10+ years of experience in Information Technology working with emerging technologies
- 5+ years leading Cloud Services public and private cloud along with various service offerings
- 3-5 years of Management / Leadership experience in an enterprise-level environment
- Expertise with Python, Perl, or Unix Shell Scripting
- Strong knowledge of cloud computing technologies, including AWS, Kubernetes, Terraform, and Docker
- Strong knowledge of web platforms and technologies like PHP, Python, MySQL, Nginx, Haproxy
- Experience with scripting in Shell and other scripting languages, and the ability to read code in any language
- Experience building CI/CD pipelines
- A laser focus on uptime, and how to improve it, including HA best practices, DR procedures, and graceful degradation.
Why join our team?
At Shapeways, we all contribute to a respectful work environment where we share ideas and encourage each other to think creatively. We are a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic group of individuals ready to embark on our next chapter of growth.
Do you want to be part of a culture that is inclusive, inspiring, and allows you the autonomy to be creative in your work? If so, we invite you to join us on our adventure!
Benefits and perks include:
- Healthcare that fits your needs - We offer excellent medical, dental, and vision plan options that provide coverage to employees and dependents. Our suite of options ranges from 100% employee-only medical premium coverage to extremely reduced premiums for dependent coverage to an enhanced buy-up plan for those with more extensive needs. We also have competitive pricing plans for dental and vision!
- Ownership - Every Shapeways employee will be granted equity in the company
- 401(k) with Employer Match - Join the team and we will immediately invest in your future
- Parental Leave - Robust paid time off for new parents; both primary and secondary leave
- Generous Paid Time Off - 20 PTO days plus additional days off when you’re not feeling well, to observe holidays, or just to destress.
- Wellness - We care about your well-being. From Commuter Benefits to FSA’s to a platform to promote financial well-being to gym reimbursement to standing desks to a partnership with One Medical...we’ve got you covered
- Learning & Development - Through continued education/mentorship on the job and our investment in LinkedIn Learning, we’re focused on your growth as a working professional
- Credit and Discount - Each quarter, employees will earn a $100 credit in their Shapeways account - that’s $400 a year! This balance may be used in conjunction with the 20% employee discount toward purchasing items from our marketplace
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided