At 8x8 Inc. [Nasdaq:EGHT] we put communications at the heart of our business and build technology that allows people to connect anytime, anywhere they are in the world, and on any device. XCaaS - the 8x8 eXperience Communications Platform - brings together Employee and Customer Experience, enabling hybrid workforces across the globe to connect, collaborate, and delight customers, while providing businesses with real-time communications analytics, intelligence and unique insights.
Senior Observability Engineer
We are looking for an observability engineer to join our team to help improve our platform’s reliability and foster a culture of observability based on metrics, logs, events and traces. You will have an opportunity to work with and support leading-edge technologies.
Operate infrastructure and supporting tools for the observability platform
Assist product teams in using observability tools for troubleshooting
Develop and drive automation for integrating with observability products
Ensure that product teams are using the correct standards for instrumenting their apps with metrics, logs and traces
Improve gathering, processing, and retention for metrics, logs, and traces
Collaborate with engineering and support teams to reduce mean times to detect, identify, escalate, and resolve incidents
Monitor and improve usage and cost of platform and tools
Skills & Experiences
• Monitoring: experience in using and understanding configuring Monitoring tools
• Logging: experience in using and understanding configuring Log Aggregation tools
• Tracing: experience in using and understanding configuring tools for Distributed Tracing
• Dashboards and Alerting: proven experience in using and understanding configuring Dashboards and Alerts
• Query Languages: Understanding Principles of Time series and how to work with them (e.g. PromQL)
• Experience with observability platforms: Prometheus, Grafana, NewRelic, Wavefront,
• Hands-on experience and open-source tools like Prometheus, Grafana
• Proven experience with open-source or managed logging systems (e.g. ELK or Splunk)
• Familiarity with AWS
• Comfortable working with git
Would be a plus:
• Familiarity with basic statistics and analyzing time-series data
• Experience automating cloud infrastructure, configuration, and deployments
• Experience with containers, either Docker or Kubernetes
• Experience troubleshooting production environments
• Familiarity with common databases: MySQL, Postgres, Elasticsearch
• Comfortable working with Ansible, Terraform, Python, Docker, Kubernetes
8x8 is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
We also provide reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. Learn more
or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org (Include “Reasonable Accommodation” in the subject line)
For European Job Applicants our Job Applicant Privacy Notice can be found here.