Voted one of INC.’s Fastest Growing Companies in 2022, IndeVets is a company devoted to making the lives of veterinarians better. IndeVets has created a whole new way to practice that puts vets first. We partner with forward-thinking practices that share our high clinical standards and our values because we believe vets deserve way more than a job that pays the bills; they deserve a job they love.
Our team is growing faster than a Great Dane and we are looking for more amazing people to join our mission.
The DevOps Engineer II is responsible for development and deployment of infrastructure and CI/CD pipelines for engineering, testing, automation, and monitoring of multiple systems across various software stacks. Works collaboratively with engineering and data teams to deploy scalable infrastructure and pipelines which meet engineering and business needs.
- Design, code, debug, and maintain infrastructure and CI/CD pipelines using infrastructure as code
- Monitor and report KPIs to maintain and improve infrastructure
- Work on methods to automate and improve release processes
- Work on methods to automate and improve data synchronization between various internal and external systems
- Work collaboratively with engineering to implement and improve cybersecurity measures
- Work with frontend and backend engineers to ensure deployments work as intended and follow deployment processes
- Perform code and reviews and provide actionable feedback
- Meet regularly with the engineer team to provide updates or assist team members with development
- Work collaboratively with business and data teams to architect and implement scalable scalable infrastructure
- Troubleshoot, fix, and improve code used for deployments and infrastructure
- Write and update technical documents
- Perform other job duties as assigned by management
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, or related field, Engineering Certification, or equivalent combination of education and work experience, required
- Minimum of five years' experience in a DevOps role
- Minimum of three years' experience with Kubernetes, Docker, and Google Cloud Platform
- Experience building and maintaining CI/CD pipelines
- Experience using bash and shell
- Proficiency with Git and GitHub workflows
- Strong working knowledge of databases, SQL, PHPs, and Python
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Effective problem-solving skills and time management skills
Preferred Skills / Experience:
- Prior experience working with Terraform for infrastructure as code
- Experience using Airflow and FiveTran
- Experience using visualization tools for error and KPI reporting
- Experience implementing SOC 2 compliance across an infrastructure stack
Please Note: Our office may be located in Philadelphia, but we provide flexibility to work from your home office!
Founded in 2018, IndeVets is on a mission to bring balance, fulfillment, and joy to veterinary medicine. We have created a whole new way to practice veterinary medicine that puts vets first. We provide the freedom of relief work, the stability of an associate position, and a team dedicated to helping vets thrive. We unite thousands of hospitals with the nation’s top veterinarians to deliver what matters most in animal care—happy, healthy doctors performing at their best. Officially certified as a Great Place to Work®!
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided