Our rich history is a big part of who we are. With historic roots dating back over 135 years, Woodbine is steeped in tradition. We have been the engine that drives the Ontario horse racing industry, creating winning experiences for all our guests.
We are also currently on an amazing 20-year journey to ‘build a city within a city’ and transform the largest privately held land in Toronto into one of Canada’s premiere entertainment destinations. This journey will unlock the value of approximately 700 acres of land, leading to job creation and the revitalization of our communities, while enhancing our ability to share the thrill of horse-racing and cementing our place as an entertainment powerhouse.
We also take care of our PEOPLE. Here are some of the things we offer:
Full Group Benefits Plan
Discounts on Food
Ontario Attractions Discount
Opportunities for Advancement
Social Responsibility Initiatives
We need dedicated people to join our cause. Be part of Woodbine Entertainment and get inspired to make work awesome!
Our Values & Beliefs
| WOW EVERY GUEST | OWN IT! | LISTEN & CONNECT – PEOPLE MATTER | FUEL THE FUN & PASS IT ON | TRUST IN OUR TEAM | #WE CARE | PURSUE YOUR POTENTIAL |BE BOLD| BE ALL IN |
The GCP Cloud Solutions Engineer/Architect will design, deploy, and migrate systems for IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS environments. The Cloud solutions engineer is responsible for identification and selection of appropriate cloud services based on requirements and constraints, has deep subject matter expertise, and can evaluate new technologies for fit in current infrastructure architecture.
· Conduct research on emerging cloud technologies in support of infrastructure development efforts, and recommend technologies that will increase cost effectiveness and infrastructure flexibility
· Provide architectural consulting expertise, direction, and assistance to systems analysts, IT cloud engineers
· Design, develop, and oversee implementation of end-to-end IT cloud integrated systems.
The ideal candidate to be advocating expansion of the company’s use of
Cloud Solutions, On-Perm and 3rd party Integrations, Data and storage hybrid models
based on the best practices around:
- Operational Excellence
- Performance Efficiency
- Cost optimization
Knowledge and Experience
Excellent understanding of typical multi-tier architectures: web servers, caching, application servers, load balancers, and storage.
Understanding of Relational Database Management System (RDBMS) and NoSQL.
Knowledge of message queuing and Enterprise Service Bus (ESB).
Familiarity with loose coupling and stateless systems.
Understanding of different consistency models in distributed systems.
Knowledge of Content Delivery Networks (CDN).
Hands-on experience with core LAN/WAN network technologies.
Experience with route tables, access control lists, firewalls, NAT, HTTP, DNS, IP and OSI Network.
Knowledge of RESTful Web Services, XML, JSON.
Familiarity with the software development lifecycle.
Work experience with information and application security concepts, mechanisms, and tools.
Awareness of end-user computing and collaborative technologies.
Large-scale distributed systems architecture.
System performance tuning.
Information and application security concepts including public key encryption, remote access, access credentials, and certificate-based authentication.
· GCP, Azure, AWS
· Kubernetes / Docker stack
· Infrastructure skills, managed services
· Cloud SQL Instances, BigQuery, Synapse
· Monitoring Tools (NewRelic, Proteus\Grafana, etc)
· Hadoop stack administration
· IT architecture
· Proven strategies scalability and disaster recovery
· Google Certifications
Nice to have:
· Data Architecture, ETL, BI, Big data, ML, Advanced analytics
· Web Services, API, REST, RPC
· Software Development experience(java/.net)
· Hive / Spark , Scala, PiG
· Azure Data Factory
· Pub/sub, kafka, nifi
· SQL (MySQL, MsSql)
· Elastic Search / Kibana
Education & Experience
· 3+ years of work experience designing, building and deploying GCP cloud solutions
· Bachelor's degree in the field of computer science, software engineering or mathematics
· Ability to exercise independent judgment and take action on it.
· Excellent analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
· Excellent listening, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
· Logical and efficient, with keen attention to detail.
· Highly self-motivated and directed.
· Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks while under pressure.
· Strong customer service orientation.
· Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
· Overtime hours as required.
· Some travel may be required for the purpose of off-site software installation.
Guided by our Values and Beliefs, Woodbine Entertainment commits to providing an authentic and empowering work experience! Please reach out if you're ready to embrace change and be part of a new breed of experience while working for one of Canada’s certified Great Places to Work!