We’re an award-winning innovative tech consultancy - a team of creative problem solvers. Since 1993 we’ve been finding better, more sustainable ways to solve complex technology problems for some of the world’s leading organisations and delivered solutions that millions of people use every day.
In the last 30 years we won several awards, including a prestigious Queen’s Award for Enterprise in the Innovation category for our Enterprise Agile delivery approach.
Operating from 26 locations across the world, we bring together teams of creative experts with diverse backgrounds and experiences, who enjoy working and learning in our collaborative and open culture and are committed to world-class delivery.
We want to continue to grow our team with people just like you!
About the Role
Are you passionate about helping clients solve their business problems through cloud transformation?
Are you looking for real ownership on projects and to get under the skin of clients’ biggest areas to support?
We are creating a world class cloud transformation capability and need a Head of Cloud Transformation to lead by example and demonstrate the art of the possible.
You’ll be a technical authority at the centre of our engagements, managing technical risk and creating real business value.
You’ll be willing to be hands-on when you need to be and seek to balance innovation and intellectual rigour with realism.
You will work with a talented, innovative and creative data team to make the right technology choices for our clients and will also draw on your creative talent to contribute to our data accelerators.
You will work with other key stakeholder in service and sales teams to develop highly competitive, compelling and differentiating propositions, and develop cloud transformation strategies/advice/consultancy to existing clients with a view for added value or additional business opportunities.
As the Head of Cloud Transformation, you will lead and manage the organisation's cloud transformation initiatives. You will be responsible for planning, executing and monitoring cloud migration projects, identifying business needs and implementing strategies to support the transition to cloud-based technologies. You will be responsible for driving innovation and cloud accelerators.
You will also work closely with cross-functional teams to ensure successful integration of cloud-based solutions into the organization's overall technology strategy and recruitment of cloud professionals across all our delivery organisation.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive cloud transformation strategy that supports the organisation's business objectives and aligns with the overall technology strategy.
- Lead and manage the cloud migration process, including planning, execution and monitoring to ensure that projects are completed on time, within budget and with minimal disruption to business operations.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including IT, operations and business leaders, to identify business needs, develop requirements and implement cloud-based solutions that meet those needs.
- Define and implement governance policies and procedures to ensure that cloud-based solutions are aligned with the organisation's security, compliance and risk management requirements.
- Evaluate and recommend new cloud-based technologies and services that can enhance the organisation's performance and competitive advantage.
- Develop and manage a team of cloud transformation professionals, providing leadership, guidance and support to ensure that the team meets project timelines, budgets, and quality standards.
- Develop and manage budgets for cloud transformation projects and initiatives, ensuring that expenditures are aligned with business objectives and priorities.
- Extensive experience in IT, with plenty of experience in cloud migration and transformation.
- Proven experience in leading and managing complex cloud transformation projects and initiatives.
- Strong knowledge of cloud-based technologies and services, including IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS.
- Experience with cloud infrastructure, security, and compliance requirements.
- Strong leadership and team management skills, with the ability to inspire and motivate teams to achieve project goals.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to communicate complex technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to identify and resolve complex technical issues.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Relevant cloud certifications, such as AWS Certified Solutions Architect, Microsoft Certified Azure Solutions Architect, or Google Cloud Certified - Professional Cloud Architect are preferred.
Some of the Perks
- Flexible benefits allowance – you choose how to spend your allowance (additional pension contributions, healthcare, dental and more)
- Industry leading health and wellbeing plan - we partner with several wellbeing support functions to cater to each individual's need, including 24/7 GP services, mental health support, and other
- Life Assurance (4 x annual salary)
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Hybrid working - Our roles are not fully remote as we take pride in the tight knit communities we have created at our local offices. But we offer plenty of flexibility and you can split your time between the office, client site and WFH
- Discounts – we have preferred rates from dozens of retail, lifestyle, and utility brands
- An industry-leading referral scheme with no limits on the number of referrals
- Flexible holiday buy/sell option
- Electric vehicle scheme
- Training opportunities and incentives – we support professional certifications across engineering and non-engineering roles, including unlimited access to O’Reilly
- Giving back – the ability to get involved nationally and regionally with partnerships to get people from diverse backgrounds into tech
- You will become part of a squad with people from different areas within the business who will help you grow at BJSS
- We have a busy social calendar that you can chose to join– quarterly town halls/squad nights out/weekends away with families included/office get togethers
- GymFlex gym membership programme
Please note: any applicants must be able to gain valid SC clearance.
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided