MEET THE TEAM
ISS (Infrastructure Shared Service) is an international organization within Pure, responsible for all of Pure Storage's engineering infrastructure, development environment, and production services. We work with all internal engineering teams to provide reliable services that are used to develop new products and features, in many different environments: from our multiple data centers to various public clouds.
As our Engineer in ISS, you will work to improve the capabilities, reliability, security, and performance of Pure Storage's critical infrastructure and applications by developing and operating new features. This means leveraging data collected from our business units to derive insights, design and implement new platform capabilities, as well as helping colleagues leverage those capabilities. All with the focus of keeping engineering teams focused on doing what they do best, delivering high quality products to our customers.
We are looking for engineers that have a mix of software and systems skills, are passionate about infrastructure, and have experience building tools, services, and automation to manage and improve production platforms.
- Design, operate, maintain, and troubleshoot enterprise virtualization technologies based on VMs and containers such as VMWare, OpenStack, and Kubernetes.
- Manage these systems though the use of data and metrics such as SLOs and error budgets.
- Support engineering projects through activities such as designing, developing, and implementing software and automation that assists with capacity planning and provisioning, and general application lifecycle management.
- Develop new capabilities through the design and implementation of software, scripts, and automation that improve operational management velocity and reliability.
- Collaborate with team members and across business units and multiple time zones to create high quality customer outcomes.
- Demonstrated experience working with virtualization platforms such as VMware, OpenStack, or other hypervisor technologies, and container based technologies such as Docker or Kubernetes;
- CI/CD capability standardization, Automatization
- Demonstrated Coding ability with one or more general purpose programming languages such as: Java, Python, Rust, or Go;
- Understanding of Unix/Linux and/or Windows operating systems in bare metal and virtualized environments;
- Systematic problem-solving approach, strong communication skills, and a sense of ownership and drive.
- Experience configuring Layer2/Layer3 hybrid networks, and managing network services such as DNS, DHCP, and NTP;
- Understanding of hardware management services such as CIMC, or UCS Manager;
- Familiarity with Kubernetes and related concepts such as the operator pattern;
- Experience working with Infrastructure as Code / Automation tools (Ansible, Terraform, CloudFormation);
- Experience with monitoring platforms such as Nagios, Prometheus, and Grafana to comprehend service health and create dashboards;
- Experience with storage administration such as Pure Storage, including troubleshooting;
- Well organized, with ability to prioritize tasks independently, set goals and follow through in order to see them to completion.
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided