WPP IT provides IT services for WPP, the world’s largest communications services group. As a creative transformation company, WPP is helping its clients transform the future through extraordinary work. WPP IT is an integral part of that journey and we are proud to provide technology for some of the world’s most creative brands.
Why we're hiring:
To support WPP’s vision, WPP IT must transform and modernize our ways of working, build out new capabilities that will be shared across the group, as well as digitize and re-imagine the experience and service wrap for our colleagues and clients.
Making that vision into a reality for the Developers and teams supporting them across WPP, is the goal of the DevOps Tools Platform team. This team will architect, manage, and provide support for the tools that enable Development Operations across WPP.
We’re looking for a Support Engineer with good administration capabilities in at least a few DevOps products with a passion to learn more with on the job training and support. You’ll work closely with our other technical, support, migration and business staff around the world to maximise the power of Uhub and deliver an amazing experience to WPP. We’re recruiting for this role in Mexico City, Dallas, or Austin.
What you'll be doing:
- Integrate and administer the DevOps Tools (Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, GitHub, Crowd, Access, Trello)
- Be an expert go-to person for DevOps Tools and our specific configuration / implementation of them.
- Comprehensive Jira configuration including project workflows, screen schemes, permission schemes, notification schemes etc., and document these thoroughly.
- Use built-in customization and third party add-ons for extending the functionality of Atlassian and GitHub.
- Manage permissions for DevOps Tools, including project wide and issue/space/repository access.
- Monitor the Jira ServiceDesk queue for requests and handle accordingly.
- Architect creative solutions to complex problems, validate the business requirements with stakeholders, and provide optimal solutions using the suite of tools.
- Determine ways to optimize/improve tool setup and process workflows, as well as identify where functionality can/cannot meet user requests.
- Develop metrics dashboards and advanced filters in Jira to provide business teams meaningful operational/performance metrics and status reports.
- Provide user and group management via Crowd/AD/LDAP/Okta and associated toolsets.
- Collaborate on problem resolution, team decisions, and project planning.
- Assist in upgrade testing, planning and communications.
- Help develop and deliver training as needed.
- Create and maintain detailed technical documentation
What you'll need:
- 4+ years of advanced Jira /Confluence administration
- Able to work on multiple projects/tasks simultaneously; a self-starter and independent worker
- Ability to analyse, review, and document current functionality to determine potential areas of improvement
- Understanding of how to deliver business priorities with technical platforms
- Ability to effectively communicate and share knowledge with internal and external contacts at all levels
- Strong documentation skills
- Experience as a developer, or as an integral part of a development team
- Basic SQL knowledge
- Experience using REST APIs
- Understanding of common application technology stacks related to web applications, digital & IT in general
- GitHub (or similar) experience
Who you are:
You're open: We are inclusive and collaborative; we encourage the free exchange of ideas; we respect and celebrate diverse views. We are accepting: of new ideas, new partnerships, new ways of working.
You're optimistic: We believe in the power of creativity, technology and talent to create brighter futures or our people, our clients and our communities. We approach all that we do with conviction: to try the new and to seek the unexpected.
You're extraordinary: we are stronger together: through collaboration we achieve the amazing. We are creative leaders and pioneers of our industry; we provide extraordinary every day.
What we'll give you:
Passionate, inspired people – We promote a culture of people that do extraordinary work.
Scale and opportunity – We offer the opportunity to create, influence and complete projects at a scale that is unparalleled in the industry.
Challenging and stimulating work – Unique work and the opportunity to join a group of creative problem solvers. Are you up for the challenge?
If this role hasn’t captured your interest, that’s ok! Would you consider sharing your opinion?
At WPP, we’re always trying to improve our hiring process, so your feedback is appreciated. Don’t worry, all responses will not influence any future applications that you may make.
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided