The Data Engineer Consultant has the following responsibilities and duties:
- Be a member of the technical staff building solutions for the business
- Design, implementation, testing, debugging, performance tuning, documentation, validation, and support of analytical solutions
- Translate business requirements into analytical solutions
- Analyze, model and wrangle data and files to prep for utilization
- Build data pipelines to move data into S3 and Redshift
The Data Engineer Consultant should have the following skills, education and experience:
- Excellent SQL and Python skills
- Strong Analytics skills
- ETL/ELT hands-on experience with familiarity of Data Warehouse concepts
- Expertise in designing efficient Data Models
- Experience with AWS Redshift and S3
- Knowledge of AWS services like EC2, Lambda, Glue, Athena, Kinesis Datastreams, Kinesis Firehose, etc.
- Knowledge of API-based integreation and security (Restful and SOAP)
- Knowledge of IAM roles, Policies, etc.
- Experience in Data Visualization tools such as Tableau, Power BI etc.
- Ability to learn fast and translate data into actionable results
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Experience with Spark and JSON Programming
- Experience developing and supporting scalable data pipelines
- Solid Linux programming skills
- Experience with AWS Glue
- Experience building Data Platforms, Datalakes and Business Intelligence solutions
- Bachelors in computer science, engineering, information technology or other related disciplines.
- Masters or PhD in computer science, engineering, information technology or other related disciplines.
- An experienced professional will have at least 3 years of professional experience in a data related role with a Masters Degree or 5 years of experience in a data related role with a Bachelors degree
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided