AssemblyAI is growing quickly, and we’re searching for a driven and dedicated Senior DevOps Engineer to work on our multi-functional team. With significant investment and strong leadership to fuel our growth, it’s the perfect time to join the AssemblyAI team.
In this role you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Ensure AssemblyAI’s Cloud Infrastructure Serves Our Team’s Critical Goals. Your primary focus will ensure our cloud infrastructure serves our critical team goals such as security, reliability, scalability, performance, and profitability.
- Help Lead AssemblyAI’s Infrastructure Efforts. As part of the team, you will help lead AssemblyAI’s efforts to architect, design, implement and test new infrastructure for our CI pipelines and production monitoring systems which will help our team ship and support high-quality software quickly and reliably.
- Enable Internal Teams to Achieve Key Business Initiatives. You will work closely with software engineers, customer support, go-to-market, and product managers to provide DevOps support and expertise for key initiatives. You will serve as a subject matter expert to internal teams to ensure that the deployment, management, and introspection tooling for our infrastructure is automated, secure, and appropriately abstracted so it’s easy for our developers to use and maintain.
- 5+ years of experience setting up, maintaining, and monitoring production infrastructure (eg. a DevOps role)
- 2+ years experience setting up, managing, and scaling up multi-cloud Kubernetes clusters (ECS Anywhere, Anthos, etc.)
- Working with containers and container orchestration such as Docker, ECS, Kubernetes
- Architecting, building, and orchestrating hybrid cloud and on-premise infrastructure
- Managing cross-cloud infrastructure AWS and GCP at scale that leverages VMs, Databases, Queues
- Familiar with Infrastructure-as-Code and configuration management with tools such as Ansible, Terraform, or equivalent
- Multi-environment account infrastructure management including individual sandbox development, staging, canary and production
- B.S. in computer science or related field
- Experience working with Go
- A solid understanding of CI/CD, logging, and monitoring
- Masters degree in computer science or related field
- You have an ownership mindset
- You write detailed documentation around operational processes
- You have previously worked at startups and have helped determine the best practices and direction for DevOps
- Detail-oriented, analytical, and creative problem solver with a passion for quality processes
- Ability to triage problems, prioritize accordingly, and propose a resolution
- Ability to work independently, raise issues and take corrective action
- A keen eye for detail
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided