As an industry leader and Software-as-a-Service provider our mission at 8x8, Inc. (Nasdaq:EGHT) is to transform the future of business communications. The 8x8 Open Communications Platform (TM) uniquely brings together Voice, Video, Collaboration, Contact Center, and enterprise-class API solutions, helping businesses across the globe transform their customer and employee experience, and empowering workforces worldwide to work smarter.
8x8 is looking for a DevOps Engineer with strong DNS experience to join our growing worldwide team of engineers responsible for building and maintaining our hybrid-cloud infrastructure. This is a highly technical and challenging position that requires strong analytical and troubleshooting skills, a solid DevOps foundation, solid network and systems experience in large (15,000+ hosts) environments, public and private cloud experience, and experience working with Git workflows. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, must be a strong and supportive team player, and can evangelize DevOps best practices across the organization. This is a 100% remote position.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
· Bachelor’s degree, college or equivalent work experience
· 5+ years Linux systems administration
· 3+ years experience writing Ansible playbooks/roles and Terraform modules
· 3+ years scripting/development experience (any language - Bash, Python, Go preferred)
· Experience with tools like Jenkins, Rundeck, AWX/Tower (Bonus: Atlantis)
· Strong understanding of DNS function, configuration, services, servers, and protocols (Bonus: Bind, Route53, PowerDNS experience)
· Strong experience directly managing DNS infrastructure
· Experience managing VMware enterprise environments (vCenter, ESXi, etc.)
· Experience working with Git repositories, and common Git workflows
· Demonstrated understanding of Linux concepts, tools, system internals, and tuning
· Demonstrated understanding of networking concepts
· Demonstrated understanding of monitoring tools
· Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
· English fluency
· Experience with load balancers (Bonus: F5, Citrix, HAProxy)
· Demonstrated understanding of SSL/TLS, certificates, and PKI
· Experience with Kubernetes, especially in private cloud environments
· Experience managing secrets using Hashicorp Vault, Amazon Secrets Manager, etc.
· Experience with patch management tools/processes
· Experience working in a GitOps environment
· Understanding of system hardening, security, and compliance standards
· Email infrastructure experience (SMTP, DKIM, SPF, DEMARC, etc.)
· Database experience (RDBMS or other)
· Message broker experience (Kafka, RabbitMQ, ZeroMQ, AmazonMQ, etc.)
· Support the day-to-day activities required to maintain 8x8's production environments
· Act as the technical point of contact for all DNS projects and maintenance activities
· Manage/maintain key infrastructure services across a global, multi-cloud infrastructure
· Collaborate on new DevOps projects/initiatives
· Participate in production on-call rotation
8x8 is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
We also provide reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. Learn more
or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org (Include “Reasonable Accommodation” in the subject line)
For European Job Applicants our Job Applicant Privacy Notice can be found here.