Responsible for working as a centralized cloud engineering and operational team member focused on running the cloud, assisting teams in DevOps activities, and management of a self-service cloud platform. Reports to VP of IT Infrastructure and Operations. Key responsibilities will include the following:
- Deliver cloud services and/or infrastructure in alignment with target architecture.
- Accountable for operational monitoring, management, incident escalation, and reporting functions.
- Serve as technical project manager for various projects.
- Optimize performance and capacity, as well as ensure proper resource management regardless of the platform used or infrastructure location.
- Partners with Information Security Risk Management and Security Operations on build and maintenance of cloud workloads to ensure initial and on-going compliance with security guidance and best practices.
- Oversees patching and vulnerability remediation activities as part of Vulnerability Remediation as a Service (VRaaS) function and ensures performance of same.
- Performs cost planning, monitoring, management, and reporting - maintain transparency and proper metering.
- Manage and maintain shared infrastructure and DevOps tooling, such as GitLab, AWS CodePipeline, Saltstack, Artifactory, Sonarqube, New Relic, CloudHealth, etc.
- Provides DevOps expertise and coaching related to deploying and configuring IaaS resources.
- Lends DevOps capacity to projects and other initiatives across the IT landscape.
- Participates in the selection of, manages and partners with cloud vendors for the purpose of providing redundancy and cloud operations capacity.
- Aids the Cloud Architect in assessing projects for approval and implementation based on predefined architecture standards.
- Creates, manages, and prioritizes a backlog of work, including requests for assistance, remediation work, and operational tasks.
- Meet service level agreements made to business teams and ensure proper disaster recovery processes and risk mitigation.
- Works across traditional technology infrastructure and cloud computing environments.
- Bachelor’s degree in an IT related field or similar combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 5 years experienced in cloud technology including building and supporting cloud solutions.
- Skilled in Agile delivery methodologies.
- Solid knowledge and experience in cloud technologies from Amazon AWS and Microsoft Azure.
- Understanding and experience in software-defined infrastructure.
- Demonstrated experience in cloud engineering, DevSecOps practices, and cloud integration.
- Experience in cloud deployment configurations, containerization, and scripting technologies.
- Ability to develop complex systems and data flows and implement automation where needed.
- Demonstrated analysis and communication skills, able to resolve technology and business problems.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with cross-functional groups.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects, meet deadlines, and adjust priorities appropriately in an evolving work environment with shifting time frames; self-starter with high degree of initiative, urgency, and follow through.
Global Atlantic’s base salary range is determined through an analysis of similar positions in the external labor market. The annual base salary range provided in this posting for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. Base pay is just one component of Global Atlantic’s total compensation package for employees and at times we hire outside the boundaries of the salary range. Other rewards may include annual cash bonuses, long-term incentives (equity), generous benefits (including immediate vesting on employee contributions to a 401(k), as well as a company match on your contributions), and sales incentives. Actual compensation for all roles will be based upon geographic location, work experience, education, licensure requirements and/or skill level and will be finalized at the time of offer. Compensation for our more senior positions have a larger component of short-term cash bonus and long-term incentives. The base salary range for this role is $83,389 to $158,836.
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided