THE OVERALL GOAL OF THIS ROLE:
Pure Storage is heavily investing in introducing the cloud-operating model to enterprise storage, no matter where it is, and introducing enterprise storage to the cloud (public, private, hybrid, multi). We are hiring you to understand, guide, and evangelize this message and technology. You will be tasked with deeply understanding the technology and then in turn explaining and teaching our field, customers, partners, and prospects on its benefits in the various forms needed (blogs, webinars, videos, podcasts, etc).
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
In this role, you’ll be:
- Providing input and feedback to engineering to improve existing products and build new features concerning public cloud as well as Microsoft deployments on VMware, Hyper-V, and Azure Stack HCI.
- Collaborating on major engineering integrations that focus on Microsoft SQL Server for deployment and use cases with Azure, AWS, and hybrid cloud projects to integrate and simplify Pure Storage offerings related to the public cloud.
- Driving individual ideas to contribute to our cloud and Microsoft integration efforts with SQL Server, Exchange Server, Windows Server, System Center, and Windows Admin Center.
- Developing an automation library for deploying Microsoft applications with Pure Storage, cloud or on-premises, using Windows PowerShell or Python.
- Prototyping orchestration/automation of Pure Storage products such as FlashArray, or Cloud Block Store.
- Developing collateral to explain how Pure Storage products can be used (videos, articles, white papers, blogs, presentations) with cloud and Microsoft infrastructures.
- Training our field, partners, and customers on the value of our cloud and Microsoft offerings and its integrations. This is not just about the how and what, but importantly, the why.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE...
- Experience defining and executing a roadmap of certifications, reference architectures, automations/workflows, sales collateral, best practices, and demos.
- Ability to build and demonstrate a solution within our lab using Pure Storage and Partner technologies.
- Leadership to projects working with cross-functional teams to build and demonstrate solutions.
- Drive to create technical presentations for customers, field and partner use.
- Eagerness to represent Pure Storage at various industry events and technology seminars.
- Willingness to learn and understand the technical strategy in regards to Marketing Requirements Documents (MRD). This may include participating in cross-functional teams to review and influence product roadmaps.
- Experience managing and automating Microsoft applications; SQL Server, Exchange Server, Hyper-V, VMware vSphere.
- Experience with serverless, containers/Kubernetes, VMware vSphere, and other common public cloud computing platforms.
- Hands-on expertise with Azure and/or AWS. Expertise in both is not required but preferred. Work will focus on both platforms.
- Skills to manage and deploy Microsoft Azure and/or AWS solutions and infrastructure.
- Skills to manage and deploy on-premises and cloud solutions.
- Sufficient, hands-on technical knowledge to create/manage example scripts/workflows with one or more languages/tools such as Ansible, Python, Terraform, PowerShell and other commonly used public-cloud orchestration options.
- Excitement to work collaboratively within a team and cross-functionally within the company.
- Skills to communicate in a clear and concise professional manner, tailored to the appropriate audience; including both verbal and written communications.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and tasks within a dynamic work environment.
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided