Bubble enables thousands of businesses around the world to build software solutions without code. Our users use Bubble to build VC-backed startups, personal projects, and internal company tools. We are often a critical part of our customers’ operations and are very proud to help businesses achieve success through more accessible software. With more people turning to entrepreneurship and digital products, Bubble’s solution is increasingly critical.
Bubble is hiring a Cloud Engineer who will develop, implement, optimize, and maintain cloud-based solutions.
This Cloud Engineer would contribute to deploying and debugging cloud stacks to ensure the Bubble software runs smoothly and provides production-grade infrastructure to host our users’ apps as they scale.
As a Cloud Engineer, you will:
- Work alongside software engineers to evaluate and implement optimal cloud based solutions
- Plan, design, and develop cloud-based applications, along with implement the set-up of geographically redundant services
- Modify and improve existing systems, along with regularly taking time to review and make recommendations for improvements
- Manage cloud environments in accordance with company security guidelines
- Ensure efficient functioning of data storage and processing functions in accordance with company security policies and industry best practices in cloud security
- Orchestrate and automate our cloud-based platform
- Identify, analyze and resolve infrastructure vulnerabilities and platform deployment issues
- Provide guidance, thought leadership, and mentorship to software engineering teams to build their cloud competencies
- Help with maintaining SOC2 certification
- 2+ years of experience in engineering, preferably in a startup environment
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
What will help you excel in this role:
- Proven work experience in DevOps
- Proven work experience in architecting, designing, developing, and implementing cloud solutions on AWS platforms
- Experience in networking and internet protocols, including TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP, and distributed networks
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with maintaining and monitoring cloud platforms
- Proven experience in troubleshooting and resolving cloud infrastructure issues
- AWS certification
If this sounds like you, apply! We look forward to hearing from you.
We offer competitive compensation aligned to tier one markets, such as New York City, San Francisco, and Seattle. Our estimated salary for this role at Bubble ranges from $134,000 to $181,000. Actual pay is determined by multiple factors such as skills, qualifications, experience and market demand.
In addition, all Bubble employees are eligible for meaningful equity packages. We offer health, dental, and vision coverage, 401(k) plans with an employer match, flexible paid time off, a sabbatical every 3 years, and generous parental leave. We also offer a variety of stipends to use towards your work from home setup, learning, and wellness-related purchases.
At Bubble, we encourage people from all ages, abilities, and experiences to apply. Bubble does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy or caregiver status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Bubble is very remote-friendly, and we have employees who work across the United States. You’ll be able to identify which state you plan to work in on your application. Note: at this time, we are only considering candidates who are authorized to work in the U.S.
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided