About the Role
- Our Client’s cloud infrastructure is ever-evolving; the ideal candidate will develop tools and practices to ensure an accurate, up-to-date inventory, which can be leveraged to make recommendations to promote both cost optimization and maintain positive relationships across their engineering suppliers.
- You have strong presentation and communication skills enabling you to distill critical information from complex technical and business problems and to facilitate discussions on these topics with their Eng leadership.
- You excel at data analysis, pulling and mining relevant information regarding vendor commitments, payments, utilization, and other types of data.
- You will partner with their Cloud and other technology providers, advocating for Etsy’s engineering and business priorities.
Ideally, you'll have:
- At least 2 years of professional working experience in Excel, Google Sheets, Tableau, or related software program
- At least 2 years of experience in the finance or technology industry with project or program management, and are well versed in the vendor management lifecycle.
- Strong interest in technology and learning about a wide range of software providers
- At least 2 years of experience managing cross-team budgets.
- At least 2 years of experience in technology vendor management.
- A passion for analysis and forecasting complex systems.
- Self-management and self-organization skills. You are able to maintain order in times of ambiguity and competing priorities.
- The ability to influence outcomes and people without relying on reporting lines or organizational hierarchy.
- Excellent communication skills. Experience building executive-level communication is a plus.
- Very strong data analysis and mining skills.
What you’ll be working on
As a Business Operations Analyst, you will have a strong track record in supplier management, contract negotiation, and building powerful queries across Sheets and related dashboards. You will work collaboratively across product & infrastructure engineering, finance, procurement and category management teams to meet our client’s business and technical objectives.
This is a full-time contract position reporting to the Senior Manager of Cloud FinOps. They are considering remote candidates based in the U.S. for this position. Our client offers three different work modes to meet the variety of needs and preferences of their team: Flex mode for candidates who are comfortable traveling to an office location 2+ times per week, Remote mode, and Office-based mode.