Cloud and DevOps Engineering Academy | Cohort 12 | 2023 Intake
Who are we?
Automation Logic is a leading professional services consultancy helping organisations to embrace human-friendly automation to achieve their creative potential.
Headquartered in London with clients in banking and central government, we work on some of the most rewarding projects in the field of cloud automation, applying DevOps and Agile methodology in all we do.
The Automation Logic Academy Program
Automation Logic’s Academy is a fantastic route into the world of DevOps and Cloud Engineering. We train you over 3 months in our intensive Academy and then your employment continues with us as you go on to join our projects as a Junior Engineer.
On the course, you will take part in classroom-style learning in a small group, with lots of 1-2-1 support and regular assessments. You will build your understanding of DevOps, Cloud and Automation tools by building labs, environments and platforms.
As an Automation Logic Academy student, you are warmly welcomed as a permanent employee of the business from day one and we ask you to stay with us for two years, working in teams on our client projects, to recognise the exceptional value of the training you receive.
Nearly 100% of our Academy alumni decide to remain with us after their first two years as we continue to invest in their development and career progression and we focus on providing a rewarding and supportive team environment.
Why join us?
- We are leaders in the provision of DevOps and Cloud Automation services to government and large enterprises and we offer an exceptional career path into a fast-growing and exciting area of technology
- We are an inclusive workplace and strive for equitable representation in all our Academies, which are frequently 50/50 female/male and representative of the diversity in our community.
- You will learn in a small and supportive group environment with lots of 1-2-1 time with your teacher and your learning continues as you go on to join our exciting and supportive project teams
- We pay you to learn with us and we continue to invest in your development with an annual personal learning budget
- You will receive regular salary increases to reflect your increasing knowledge and experience and an impressive suite of other benefits to suit your lifestyle and wellbeing
- Check out our Glassdoor reviews to see what Academy graduates and engineers say about working here
Earn while you learn and receive regular salary increases
⭐ Months 1-3: London Living Wage of £11.05 per hour. Equivalent salary of £21,157
⭐ Months 4-6: £25,750
⭐ Months 7-12: £30,000
⭐ Months 12 Onwards: No more commitment period, your employment continues.
You receive a market salary for your skills and experience and two salary reviews a year
- Strong academic performance or relevant experience from working in the Tech industry or previous participation in a Tech Bootcamp/course (such AWS Re/Start or similar)
- You love getting stuck into problem-solving and you don’t give up easily
- You have an affinity for technology (e.g. Software Development, Cloud, Data, DevOps)
- Some coding experience would be beneficial but not essential
- Willingness to travel
Our employees' health and wellbeing are extremely important to us and we provide an exceptional suite of benefits.
£1,500 a year flexible benefits allowance which you can spend on a number of company benefits including
- Buy up to 5 days additional holiday (on top of your company allowance)
- Fitness classes, memberships or subscriptions
- Private medical insurance
- Private dental insurance
- Private health screening
- Critical illness cover
- Independent financial advice and planning
- 25 days holidays (plus 8 bank holidays)
- MacBook Pro and any other tech/work set-up you need to do your best work
- £2,000 a year personal learning budget to support your career development
- Company pension and life assurance
- Travel season ticket loan
- Rental accommodation deposit loan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee Assistance Program
- Retail discount scheme
- Company parties and events and regular wellbeing events
- Great offices based in Waterloo
The Recruitment Process:
We run three Academy intakes annually, commencing in January, May and October. The recruitment process begins with a ½ hour phone interview with our Academy Talent Acquisition Consultant.
If shortlisted, you will then complete an online fluid-intelligence test and you’ll be simultaneously invited to the next available assessment day, which will be in-person in our Waterloo-based office:
- 2023 Academy dates still yet to be confirmed!
Following this, we will let you know if you’ve been successful and provide feedback.
We will review applicants 6 weeks before assessment days, so please bear with us if applying early. Your application will be reviewed.
We aim to ensure equality of opportunity for all employees and candidates and to create a workforce that is diverse, promotes inclusion and supports everyone to progress and achieve.
We do not discriminate based upon Race, Gender, Religion, Sexual Orientation, Age, Disability or any other protected basis. We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity for all parts of society and are willing to provide any reasonable adjustments within our recruitment process and to support employees.
Please reach out to us if you require any support during your application. We accept anonymised CV applications.
Unfortunately, we are unable to offer sponsorship. Our graduates will need to go through security clearance.
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided