What We Do
We enable Epic’s online services teams to build, deploy, and manage services that are used by more than half a billion players around the world. Our mission is to provide world class tools and platforms to improve the experience of our developers and make it easier, faster, and safer to build, operate, and scale their applications. We operate at massive scale as one of the largest cloud computing users in the world.
What You'll Do
Epic Games is growing operations inside our development teams to support operations of our large-scale, highly available, secure, online services and infrastructure behind Epic Games and products. The person in this role will work closely with software engineering, customer service, quality assurance, community, and product teams to provide online services that enhance the user experience for all of Epic's systems.
Epic Games is looking for a Senior Cloud Engineer for our Dedicated Server Fleet Management team and help build the automation platform that manages our globally distributed fleet of game servers to provide the best possible experience to players worldwide.
In this role, you will
- Build and operate the automation platform that deploys, scales, and manages Epic's globally distributed fleets of dedicated game servers
- Define, collect, and report on service quality and efficiency metrics to drive continuous improvement
- Work across teams to optimize reliability, performance, latency, and efficiency of game server fleets
- Provide service ownership for the fleet management platform and support 24x7 operations
- Follow industry trends and maintain a strong interest in emerging technology and best practices
What we're looking for
- Deep experience with cloud infrastructure automation using public cloud APIs, especially AWS
- 5+ years experience building online services using modern best practices
- Strong Linux fundamentals and systems automation experience
- Proficient with REST services, and familiarity with NoSQL/SQL database concepts
- Solid software development fundamentals in Go/Java/Python/Rust with a preference for candidates with Go experience
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Demonstrated understanding of distributed systems fundamentals (communication models, synchronization, consistency, etc)
- Experience building, deploying, and operating services large scale
This position is listed in multiple locations across North America.
Pay Transparency Information
The expected annual base pay range(s) for this position are detailed below. Each base pay range is relevant only for individuals who are residents of or will be expected to work within the specified locale. Compensation varies based on a variety of factors, which include (but aren’t limited to) things such as skills and competencies, qualifications, knowledge, and experience. In addition to base pay, most employees are eligible to participate in Epic’s generous benefit plans and discretionary incentive programs (subject to the terms of those plans or programs).
EPIC JOB + EPIC BENEFITS = EPIC LIFE
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. Our coverage includes Medical, Dental, a Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance & a 401k with competitive match. We also offer a robust mental well-being program through Modern Health, which provides free therapy and coaching for employees & dependents.
Throughout the year we celebrate our employees with events and company-wide paid breaks. We offer unlimited PTO and sick time and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical.
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided