Wavelo is a new software business that’s on a mission to make telecom a breeze.
We provide flexible software that modernizes how communication service providers (CSPs) do business, helping them drive more value, focus on customer experience, and scale their operations faster.
As part of Tucows (NASDAQ:TCX, TSX:TC) —a global leader in internet services and SaaS platforms— Wavelo is backed by outstanding resources and talent. We embrace a people-first philosophy that is rooted in respect, trust, and flexibility. We believe that whatever works for our employees is what works best for us.
The work we do genuinely changes lives. If this sounds exciting, we’d love to hear from you!
About the opportunity:
We are seeking to hire a keen and self-motivated individual who loves the Internet and loves learning, sharing their knowledge and applying new technologies to complex problems.
As a DevOps Engineer with the Platform Team, you will implement Infrastructure-as-Code (IaC) standard methodologies using Hashicorp’s technologies. You design, build and maintain highly available systems and aim to develop new automation and technologies using IaC to improve our consumer experience; while recommending improvements to existing infrastructure deployment workflows.
You will demonstrate your knowledge of Hashicorp’s standard methodologies as they pertain to Terraform, Nomad, Consul and Vault while being proficient with other IaC tools and concepts.
You are open to giving and receiving feedback and participating in code reviews and design discussions. In addition to the above, you can remain effective when priorities shift.
This position can be completely remote, or you can work from one of our office locations located in Canada or USA. Preferred location for this position is remote.
What you’ll be doing:
- Site Reliability Engineering and DevOps
- Gain a deep understanding of our existing orchestration platforms (Nomad, Vault, Consul)
- Creating, maintaining and implementing Infrastructure as code (IaC) using Hashicorp technologies
- Creating, maintaining and using tools for automating deployment, monitoring and operations of the overall stack
- Participate in on-call rotation to provide application support, incident management, and solve problems
- Contribute to technical design and architecture discussions
- Participate in code reviews and ensure that development standards are followed
- Design and implement features of increasing complexity
- Own and ensure that internal SLAs go above and beyond expectations
- Interacting with internal customers and ensuring their success.
- Exploring new technologies that improve existing infrastructure using IaC
- Collaborate in a remote-first environment
- Contribute back to upstream OSS when appropriate
- Share knowledge and act as a trusted mentor to junior team members.
- Own projects or features from conception to release
- Balance the need to ship code quickly with the need to make sound technical decisions.
What you bring:
- Exceptional DevOps/SRE Tools/Skills
- “A passion for automation”
- Infrastructure as Code tools (e.g. Terraform, Vagrant)
- Proven experience with private or public cloud platforms (e.g. Openstack, AWS, GPC, Azure, etc)
- Ansible or SaltStack or another Configuration Management tool
- Proven experience in building CI/CD pipelines to support Infrastructure-as-Code (e.g. Jenkins, GitHub Actions)
- Scripting language (Go, Bash, Python)
- Solid experience with Linux distributions (e.g. Debian/Ubuntu)
- Knowledge of Container Development (Docker)
- Experience with Secret Management experience in an automated workflow (eg. Hashicorp Vault)
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Technology related bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
Nice to have:
- Experience with Bash scripting
- Familiarity with Docker, Nomad or Kubernetes
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Exposure to multiple programming languages. We primarily work with Golang
- Preference for experience with developing GitHub Actions for CI/CD
- Experience with Load balancing technologies
- Preference for a candidate with an Infrastructure / System Administration background
Want to know more about what we stand for? At Wavelo and Tucows we care about protecting the open Internet, narrowing the digital divide, and supporting fairness and equality.
We also know that diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Learn more about Tucows, our culture and employee benefits on our site here.
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided