Role: Project Manager - Infrastructure
Experience: 7-13 Years
Detailed responsibilities include:
- Managing technology infrastructure and assets at across locations and coordinate with team to maintain and support company's technology hardware and software.
- Managing large infrastructure transformation/migration projects for Hybrid cloud using agile methodologies.
- Managing emerging technologies in support of systems development efforts and recommend technologies that will increase cost effectiveness and systems flexibility for Cloud and On Premises infrastructure.
- Acquiring new software and hardware, negotiating service contracts and building relationships with vendors and service providers.
- Ownership of technical, commercial, and service elements related to cloud migration project engagements along with building IaaS/PaaS infrastructure landing zones.
- Developing processes to streamline and automate routine tasks.
- Managing capacity planning of all production and non-production hardware servers and storage, proactively submit recommendations or proposals in order to meet business demand on Hybrid cloud.
- Develop test plan and test cases to demonstrate application/database readiness post migration.
- Managing efforts to build and deliver System and Storage infrastructure on hybrid cloud.
- Successfully handled end to end Cloud, Data Centre Activities/Migration, Project Operations, Server Patch Management, Symantec Antivirus Server, from Design, Migration, Testing & Go live support.
- Understanding of IT and Business strategies
- Must have expert level technical knowledge in one or more of DC technologies such as OS, Virtualization, Hypervisors, Database & Networking, and at least one of the public cloud services such as GCP or Azure or AWS
- Strong experience in managing the cloud migration projects and on premises infrastructure.
- Experience with cloud migration technologies such as Cloud Readiness Assessment, total cost of ownership (TCO), and Cost analysis.
- Strong communication, presentation and customer management skills are a must.
- Working knowledge on configuration management tools such as Puppet, Chef or Ansible.
- Experience in system administration tasks for Windows or Linux
- Experience in scripting languages i.e PowerShell or Bash Shell or Python
- Working knowledge on microservices, Docker and Kubernetes.
- Strong senior stakeholder engagement and management experience.
- Experience in acquiring new software and hardware, negotiating service contracts and building relationships with vendors and service providers.
- Experienced in planning, tracking and execution of Instructure projects for FS customers.
- Ability to rapidly gain knowledge of Business/Customer needs and drivers for change.
- Working knowledge in implementing various infrastructure monitoring tools for Hybrid cloud i.e Nagios, Splunk, Grafana, Prometheus, and any other cloud monitoring tools.
- Professional level of accreditation preferred (e.g. Prince 2, PMP)
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Collaborate with various individuals/teams to find resolution to the problem.
- Willing to learn new technologies
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Science or Engineering or any other relevant technical skills.
Nice To have:
- AWS or GCP or Azure Cloud Certification
- Experience in SQL Server or Oracle Database management
- Experience in CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins or Azure DevOps.
- Experience in Terraform as Infrastructure as Code to provision different resources in Cloud Environments.
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided