Job Title: Senior DevOps Engineer (JR1963401)
Location: Santa Clara, CA
NVIDIA is looking for a world class engineer to join its multifaceted and fast-paced Infrastructure, Planning and Processes organization where you will be working as a Senior DevOps Engineer. The position will be part of a fast-paced crew that develops and maintains sophisticated build & test environments for a multitude of hardware platforms both NVIDIA GPUs and Tegra Processors along with various operating systems (Windows/Linux/Android). The team works with various other business units within NVIDIA Software such as Graphics Processors, Mobile Processors, Deep Learning, Artificial Intelligence and Driverless Cars to cater to their infrastructure & systems needs.
As a DevOps Engineer, you’ll also be working in conjunction with various teams such as software engineering to deploy these new products and manage our infrastructure, associated processes and systems. Keen attention to detail, problem-solving abilities, and a solid knowledge base are essential.
What you’ll be doing:
- Deploy and Support end-to-end container management solution with Kubernetes, Docker.
- Drive automation of monitoring to gain more insight into applications and system health.
- Design solutions with service discovery, networking, monitoring, logging, scheduling in Kubernetes.
- Implement, manage & maintain end to end Jenkins instances - tools, plugins, nodes, user management, back up, restore, monitoring, etc.
- Implement & support end-to-end CI/CD system using open-source software.
- Craft and develop tools needed for automating workflows.
- Develop, Improve and Maintain our infrastructure codebase.
- Craft and Implement critical metric using various analytics methods and dashboards.
- Reuse AI techniques to extract useful signals about machines and jobs from the data generated.
- Take part in prototyping, crafting and developing cloud infrastructure for NVIDIA.
- Architect the scaling operation in our data centers.
What we need to see:
- Solid programming background in python and/or similar scripting languages.
- Experience of maintaining cloud infrastructure and highly-available production environment.
- Excellent debugging, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong understanding of architectural requirements and development processes involved in building reliable, robust, scalable data products and pipelines.
- Background in Databases both SQL (MySQL) and NoSQL (Elastic Search /MongoDB/Cassandra).
- Proficient with configuration management tools like Ansible, Puppet & Chef.
- Strong background with Jenkins and/or other CI/CD systems.
- Proficient with Kubernetes, dockers & virtualization.
- Background with source code management and binary repository systems like GitLab, GitHub, Artifactory etc.
- Experience with data analytics/visualization tools like Kibana, Grafana, Splunk etc.
- Knowledge of monitoring systems such as Zabbix, Prometheus and/or similar systems.
- Advanced knowledge of standard methodologies related to security.
- 5+ years of proven experience.
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent experience.
Ways to stand out from the crowd:
- Previous experience with DevOps teams.
- Thrives in a multi-tasking environment with constantly evolving priorities.
- Prior experience with large scale operations team.
- Experience with Windows server infrastructure.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and communication with all levels of management.
- Experience with using and improving data centers.
- Background with computer algorithms and ability to choose the best possible algorithms to meet the scaling challenge.
- Ability to analyze sophisticated problems into simple sub problems and then reuse available solutions to implement most of those.
- Ability to design simple systems that can work efficiently without needing much support.
With competitive salaries and a generous benefits package, we are widely considered to be one of the technology world’s most desirable employers. We have some of the most forward-thinking and hardworking people in the world working for us and, due to outstanding growth, our exclusive engineering teams are rapidly growing. If you're a creative and autonomous engineer with a real passion for technology, we want to hear from you.
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided