The financial industry is growing at a record pace, but our data providers are still stuck in the past — with cumbersome onboarding processes, complicated APIs, slow infrastructure, and expensive licensing costs.
Databento is the next-generation market data provider — with the radical idea that you should only pay for the data that you use. We power the world's largest finance and fintech institutions and lower the barrier of entry for small startups.
Since starting in 2019, we've raised over $27.8M in funding and have over 2,000 companies signed up pre-launch. Our team consists of former data users from firms like Two Sigma, Belvedere, Pico, Bloomberg, Pinterest, and Google.
We offer health, dental, disability, and life insurance benefits, as well as 401(k) matching and visa sponsorships. We accommodate 100% remote work, with teammates living around the globe and paid in their local currency.
- Deliver automated testing, deployment and will work on CI/CD for applications
- Manage and configure all development and integration environments both on premise and in the cloud
- Monitor the general health & automation of development environment
- Ensure high uptime and availability of services
- Install, monitor and maintain integration platforms across products and systems
- Automate build, test, deployment and monitoring across all Databento systems
- Improve on software deployment and delivery practices
- Bachelor's degree and/or at least 4 years experience working with Linux servers.
- Web application performance optimization and deployment best practices (e.g. canary and zero downtime deployment, container orchestration with Docker Swarm)
- Linux administration with good experience in shell scripting (Python, bash)
- Experience with CI-CD pipelines and tools (i.e., Jenkins, GitLab, TeamCity)
- Experience in automation, monitoring and log management
- Demonstrable SQL knowledge
- Experience with AWS (S3, Cloudfront)
- Experience with monitoring tools (Prometheus, Grafana)
- Containerized application deployment (k8s, Docker)
- Experience with configuration management tools (Saltstack, Puppet)
- Database administration (MySQL, Clickhouse)
- Experience with key value store (Redis)
- Experience with load balancers (HAProxy)
- Experience with financial markets
Databento, Inc provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Databento complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided