At project44 we’re on a mission - to make supply chains work.
project44 optimizes the movement of products globally, delivering better resiliency, sustainability, and value for our customers. As the supply chain connective tissue, we operate the most trusted end-to-end visibility platform that tracks more than 1 billion shipments annually for the world’s leading brands. The undisputed leader in the market, project44 was named the Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant, #1 in FreightWaves’ FreightTech 25, and the Customer’s Choice in Gartner Peer Insights’ Voice of the Customer report. project44 is headquartered in Chicago with a diverse and fast-growing, global workforce.
If you’re eager to be part of a winning team that works together to solve some of the most challenging supply chain challenges every day, let’s talk.
Description of Role:
Join our growing engineering team as we transform software development and deployment at project44. As a Senior DevOps Engineer, you will be able to make direct impactful changes that improve the entire software development lifecycle. We are adopting best in class tooling and technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes. In addition, you will be driven to design and implement tooling with one goal in mind: empower developers to build, deploy, and own their own software. This role will require passion for containerization; with the goal of leveraging container orchestration technologies such as Kubernetes.
- Operate project44’s cloud services including metrics, monitoring with SLA (Service Level Agreements)
- Design and develop tools and scripts to automate software deployment to various 3rd party cloud providers
- Work with across functional teams such as engineering, product management on plan and define technical solutions and directions for the organization
- Create scalable solutions leveraging automation and open-source tooling wherever possible
- Own and maintain project44’s Cloud Delivery Pipeline including source control, CI, CD, and various cloud providers
- We practice what we preach; we follow the same model as our engineers to deploy and monitor their own changes
- Architect and share knowledge on building first in class cloud native solutions
- Evolve the platform by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity
- BS degree or equivalent in a related discipline (CS, Eng, etc.)
- 8+ years professional experiences as a DevOps role
- Experience maintaining and using CI systems such as Jenkins, Gitlab CI
- Experience working in UNIX/Linux environments
- Experience in Python or Java
- Experience with cloud metrics and monitoring tools such as Prometheus, Grafana, and Loki
- Experience with ELK (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana)
- Excellent communication skills: verbal and written in English
- Deep understanding of cloud providers such as Google Cloud, AWS, Ali Cloud and Tencent Cloud
- Experience in mentoring and leading others
- Proven leadership record in collaborating and working with cross functional teams
- Understanding of overall system design and architecture
- Understanding of cloud native concept
- Passion about cloud services deployment and operation
- Understanding of container technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, helm3
- Knowledge of configuration management such as Ansible, Salt, Puppet, Chef
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code tools such as Terraform, Pulumi, etc.
Diversity & Inclusion
We are designing the future of how the world moves and is connected through trade and global supply chains. We can only deliver a truly world-class product and experience if our teams are as diverse and unique communities we are building for. It is up to us to create a company where anyone can bring their authentic self to work every day. We are constantly working to improve, and we accept our responsibility to elevate the voices left in the margins. It is on every one of us.
Our focus on inclusion manifests in the way we hire, the customers we serve, and the regions we prioritize. We are building a company that every one of us at project44 is proud to work for: a company that celebrates you for being you.
We pride ourselves on celebrating everyone — project44 is an equal opportunity employer actively working on creating a diverse and inclusive work environment where underrepresented groups can thrive. If you share our values and our passion for helping the way the world moves, we would love to review your application!
Even if you do not meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that you can still be considered for a role if you meet just 50% of the role’s requirements.
More about project44
Since 2014, project44 has been transforming the way one of the largest, most important global industries does business. As transportation and logistics continue to evolve and customer expectations around delivery become more demanding, industry technology must rise to the occasion. In just a few short years, we’ve created a digital infrastructure that eliminates the inefficiencies caused by dated technology and manual processes. Our Advanced Visibility Platform is used by the world’s leading brands to track shipments, collaborate with supply chain partners, drive operational efficiencies, and create outstanding customer experiences.
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided