This role is based remotely in Ireland.
Who We Are
DoiT is scaling rapidly as we work with fast-growing, digitally savvy companies around the world, helping them harness public cloud technology and services to achieve big goals.
Committed to solving both essential and advanced cloud challenges, DoiT provides intelligent technology to simplify and automate cloud use, alongside expert consultancy and unlimited technical support. Our technology portfolio is backed by deep multi-cloud expertise and includes valuable optimization, analytics, and governance tools and capabilities.
A strategic partner and reseller of Google Cloud and Amazon Web Services with multiple consecutive awards for partner of the year, DoiT operates across more than 70 countries to support thousands of global customers. For more information, visit doit-intl.com.
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced AWS Cloud Architect to join our team. The primary focus of this role will be to lead the modernization of our current applications and systems to the cloud, leveraging the latest technologies and best practices.
As an AWS Cloud Architect, you will be responsible for designing, building, and maintaining highly scalable, secure, and cost-effective cloud-based solutions. You will work closely with our development, operations, and security teams to ensure the smooth and successful migration of our applications and systems to the cloud.
- The expertise to engineer, develop, and troubleshoot large production-grade distributed systems on Amazon Web Services (AWS), select the appropriate tools to tackle business problems at the right scale.
- Help customers designing, building and testing cloud native applications on AWS cloud infrastructure.
- Help customers to successfully migrate cloud applications and systems to the cloud.
- Help customers Implement and maintain cloud infrastructure, including networking, storage, security, and compliance.
- Develop and maintain documentation and architecture diagrams to support the design and implementation of cloud-based solutions.
- Help customers build monitoring and optimizing cloud resources to ensure cost effectiveness and performance.
- Work with cross-functional teams to identify and prioritize opportunities for application modernization and cloud adoption.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest cloud technologies and best practices.
- 4+ years of experience as an AWS Cloud Architect or similar role.
- Strong experience with working with cloud native applications, container orchestration platforms such as Amazon Elastic Container Service (ECS), Amazon Elastic Kubernetes Service (EKS), AWS Fargate, Amazon Elastic Container Registry (ECR), and AWS App Mesh.
- Deep knowledge of kubernetes (k8s) components, including but not limited to kube-api, kubectl, ingress, services, deployments, RBAC, auto-scaling
- Experience troubleshooting k8s and EKS
- Proficiency with AWS services, including EC2, S3, RDS, Lambda, and VPC.
- Maintains an in-depth knowledge of cloud related technologies, and can articulate best practice approaches and practices with kubernetes clusters, deployments and infrastructure
- Experience with infrastructure as code (IaC) tools, such as CloudFormation or Terraform.
- Experience with application modernization and migration to the cloud.
- Strong understanding of cloud security and compliance best practices.
- Experience collaborating with developers and platform engineers, contributing to architecture and continuously optimising infrastructure to remove bottlenecks and improve automation.
- AWS Certified Professional Solution Architect an Advantage.
- Unlimited PTO
- Flexible Working Options
- Health Insurance
- Parental Leave
- Employee Stock Option Plan
- Home Office Allowance
- Professional Development Stipend
- Peer Recognition Program
We offer you the opportunity to be your truest self.
We believe what sets us apart is you. DoiT is an organization where everyone is welcome and respected for their unique perspectives and experiences they bring as individuals to enhance our team. We want you to reach your full potential; we provide an annual stipend to help fund your professional development.
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided