The Senior Data Engineer Consultant has the following responsibilities and duties:
- Be a member of the technical staff building solutions for the business.
- Design, implementation, testing, debugging, performance tuning, documentation, validation, and support of analytical solutions
- Translate business requirements into analytical solutions.
- Analyze, model and wrangle data and files to prep for utilization.
- Build data pipelines to move data into S3 and Redshift
The Senior Data Engineer Consultant should have the following skills, education and experience:
- Excellent SQL and Python skills
- Experience with distributed computing languages (Spark, PySpark, Scala, SparklyR, etc)
- ETL/ELT hands-on experience with familiarity of Data Warehouse concepts
- Expertise in designing efficient Data Models
- Experience with Data Warehousing (Redshift, Snowflake, etc.)
- Knowledge of AWS services like EC2, EMR, Lambda, Glue, Athena, Kinesis Data Streams, Kinesis Firehose, etc.
- Knowledge of API-based integration and security (Restful and SOAP)
- Knowledge of IAM roles, Policies, etc.
- Experience in Data Visualization tools such as Tableau, Power BI etc.
- Ability to learn fast and translate data into actionable results.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Experience developing and supporting scalable data pipelines
- Experience building cloud formation templates for workloads
- Familiar with EKS and ECS AWS services
- Solid Linux programming skills
- Experience building Data Platforms, Data lakes and Business Intelligence solutions.
- Bachelors in computer science, engineering, information technology or other related disciplines.
- Masters or PhD in computer science, engineering, information technology or other related disciplines.
- An experienced professional will have at least 7 years of professional experience in a data related role with a Masters Degree or 7 years of experience in a data related role with a Bachelors degree
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided