Pinnacol Assurance does just one thing, and does it better than anyone: provide caring workers’ compensation protection to Colorado employers and employees. And while we may be a little biased, we believe that our work shapes communities and changes lives.
We have big hearts and love big ideas. We’ve been around for more than 100 years, but don’t let that fool you. Pinnacol is committed to taking care of Colorado employers and workers in the most innovative ways. We celebrate continuous improvement, new ideas, compassion, teamwork, integrity and excellence.
With our number one priority to keep everyone safe, along with the heart of Pinnacol’s “culture of caring” to do what is right and not what is easy, we’re currently having our team members work from home. But we’re still making time for fun with virtual events like virtual painting classes, virtual yoga and Zumba classes, and virtual happy hours!
What you’ll do:
As a Cloud Engineer on the Infrastructure team, you will help ensure we maintain reliable and well-understood systems. You will work across teams to help evaluate new solutions, troubleshoot existing systems, and champion cloud best practices. You will play a key role in assisting with modernizing the way we ship and maintain software and services for our customers.
What you need to be successful:
- Strong knowledge of the Linux operating system, both from a VM and container perspective, and solid understanding of open source technologies in general.
- Comfortable delivering on measurable outcomes.
- Experience helping developers operationalize production applications.
- Experience programming. (Python is preferred, but any open source language stack is welcome)
- Experience troubleshooting development and production workloads.
- Experience with containerization platforms and cloud-native technologies.
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform including but not limited to GKE, CloudRun, GCS, Google IAM and Secrets.
- Adaptation: Capable of championing change and process improvement.
- Communication: Ability to listen to others and convey ideas effectively and foster open communication.
- Innovation: Ability to engineer technical solutions for the business supporting both development and operations.
- Teamwork: Ability to work effectively with people and cooperate with others.
- Experience with modernization efforts for applications currently in production.
- Experience with monitoring and observability across many sources.
- Experience with data management systems (RDMS, NoSQL, etc...).
- Understanding of networking protocols (DNS, TCP, HTTP, etc...)
- Solid understanding of SDLC and why it matters.
We can’t do our work without people like you.
Our employees are extraordinary and committed to making a difference. Here’s some of the ways we show our appreciation.
- Our benefits go beyond the basics. You’ll get to choose from diverse benefit offerings for medical, dental and vision.
- We care about each other. We enjoy a positive, collaborative work environment. We are hard workers and high performers.
- We love who you are. Pinnacol is on a journey to embody diversity, equity and inclusion. We’re committed to creating a culture that deeply values differences, where everyone feels like they belong.
- Take a day (or 20!) off. Enjoy 20 paid days off your first full year plus 9 paid holidays.
- Take care of yourself. Sign up for unique wellness programs, including on-site, company-paid fitness facilities and classes
- Get your learning on. We promote a learning culture to help you master your current job and cultivate the skills of the future through a variety of on-site, online, and off-site professional development opportunities.
- Give back and get paid. Through our employee volunteer program, Pinnacol in Action, employees receive paid time off to volunteer with Colorado nonprofits.
- Share in our success. You’ll have the opportunity to earn a quarterly incentive, up to 20 percent of your annual base salary, when your team exceeds their goals and objectives.
When we find the right person, we try to put our best foot forward with an offer that excites you. We consider what you’d like to be paid, the skills and experience you bring, what similar jobs pay in the Denver area and make sure there’s equal pay for equal work among those you’ll be working with. The compensation amount for this role is targeted at $116,600-$133,000. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including your experience and expertise and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Want to love your work? Apply today!
Pinnacol is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. To request assistance with the application process, please email email@example.com.
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided