As the world's largest car sharing marketplace, Turo is growing fast and hiring talent in the US, Canada, the UK, France, and Australia! Our driven, down to earth team empowers you to push yourself, make a huge impact, and accelerate your career growth.
About the team
We are looking for brilliant Senior DevOps Engineers who have a passion for consumer products and want to join an energetic team that is changing the way people think about travel. We ship code daily, A/B test extensively, and have a primary role in building the supporting platform and infrastructure for all our services. There’s much to do, and you’ll be responsible for making some real cool stuff happen.
Our APIs, infrastructure, and micro services are at the core of our stable of software that’s reinventing mobility. Be a member of a small team of talented engineers and play a major role in shaping an exciting app that’s changing how people travel and think about car ownership.
What you'll do
- You will collaborate extensively with other engineers to build tools and systems that support our services and allow engineers to deliver high quality software.
- You will produce high-quality maintainable code, test it, collaboratively review it and ship it.
- You will identify areas to improve and scale our infrastructure.
- You will develop tools and utilities to diagnose and fix problems.
- Ensure proper technical design and documentation.
- Work efficiently in a constantly changing and growing environment where the process is fluid and creative solutions are desired.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related field.
- 3+ years of experience in cloud-based systems.
- Strong computer science fundamentals: networking, databases, and distributed systems.
- Hands-on experience with container orchestration systems such as Kubernetes.
- Fluent in at least one language: Python, Ruby, or Go.
- Experience with Infrastructure As Code (e.g. Terraform, Ansible, Chef).
- Experience with logging, monitoring and alerting systems and tools.
- Good understanding of information security best practices.
- Enjoy solving problems and helping others meet their goals.
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided