***Sr DevOps Senior Systems Engineer - Touchworks***
Remote Role - Azure
We are TouchWorks!! We are an EMR development organization that was started over 20 years ago. Our “sweet spot” in the market are medium-to-large, multi-specialty physician practices (50+ physicians) seeing hundreds of patients per day. We are rolling out our new, web-based solution to our customers over the next year. At the same time, we are accelerating the evolution of our software engineering practices, tooling and architecture to build the solutions needed for the next 20 years.
We are looking for a Sr DevOps engineer to join our evolving DevOps team. We are looking to replace historical tools and approaches to achieve a modern CI/CD posture. We are working to expand our build pipelines with full support for our automated tests and greater metrics. We are automating runtime environment creation using Terraform and Ansible. We plan to shift deployment models to Kubernetes, Docker and istio. Of course, we’re also shifting all of our development & QA environments to Azure. While we envision using proven Open Source tools, the product itself is a web application based on the Microsoft stack (IIS, C#, SQL Server) and its future home is in Azure.
In this role, you will be a key member of the DevOps team applying your knowledge to implement the needed changes and your experience to assist your teammates. This is a remote position like the rest of the DevOps team which is in both the US and India. While you will spend most of your day hands-on, you will expected to call-out opportunities for improvement and offer ideas on how to improve effectiveness (and efficiency) of how we operate. You will also be challenged to chart a growth plan for your career that helps the broader R&D organization evolve along with the Cloud and software engineering practices.
- Overseeing our code repository structures and branching strategy/implementation
- Assisting with code repository migration from TFS/ADO to Git
- Supporting, managing & extending all build pipelines for the product in conjunction with development teams
- Creating, maintaining and supporting adoption of tools such as Terraform, Ansible and others that automate repetitive/error-prone manual processes
- Working cross-team, cross-product and cross-functionally to identify areas of opportunity and implement changes as-needed
- Establishing and cultivating collaborative, effective relationships with global counterparts to ensure adequate resource allocation to projects and maximum efficiency.
- Ensuring commitments and progress to schedules remain clear, reasonable, and proactively monitored.
- Assisting with onboarding of new hires in order to quickly maximize performance.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
- 3+ years relevant DevOps work experience, preferred
- Microsoft technology stack, strongly preferred
- Cloud experience required - Azure (strongly preferred) or AWS
- Up to 5% travel may be required
Remote role. Candidates must live in the continental U.S.
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided