MEET THE TEAM...
ISS (Infrastructure Shared Service) is an international organization within Pure, responsible for all of Pure Storage's engineering infrastructure, development environment, and production services. We work with all internal engineering teams to provide reliable services that are used to develop new products and features, in many different environments: from our multiple data centers to various public clouds.
As a Platform Engineer in ISS, you will work to improve the capabilities, reliability, security, and performance of Pure Storage's critical infrastructure and applications by developing and operating new features. This means leveraging data collected from our business units to derive insights, design and implement new platform capabilities, as well as helping colleagues leverage those capabilities. All with the focus of keeping engineering teams focused on doing what they do best, delivering high quality products to our customers.
We are looking for engineers that have a mix of software and systems skills, are passionate about infrastructure, and have experience building tools, services, and automation to manage and improve production platforms.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING...
- Design, operate, maintain, and troubleshoot enterprise virtualization technologies based on VMs and containers such as OpenStack, VMware and Kubernetes.
- Manage these systems though the use of data and metrics such as SLOs and error budgets.
- Support engineering projects through activities such as designing, developing, and implementing software and automation that assists with capacity planning and provisioning, and general application lifecycle management.
- Automate bare metal infrastructure provisioning
- Automate Security patching
- Collaborate with team members and across business units and multiple time zones to create high quality customer outcomes.
WHAT. YOU BRING TO THE TEAM...
- Demonstrated experience working with virtualization platforms such as VMware, OpenStack, or other hypervisor technologies, and container based technologies such as Docker or Kubernetes;
- Demonstrated Coding ability with one or similar of the following: C, C++, Java, Python, or Go;
- Demonstrated experience in design, implementation, delivery, and maintenance of software systems;
- Understanding of Unix/Linux and/or Windows operating systems in bare metal and virtualized environments;
- Able to work in a 24x7 oncall rotation using a follow the sun model (i.e. 8am to 8pm local time pager duty, approximately 1 week every 2-3 months);
- Systematic problem-solving approach, strong communication skills, and a sense of ownership and drive.
WHAT WE HOPE YOU BRING TO THE TEAM...
- 5+ years as a Site Reliability Engineer, DevOps Engineer, Infrastructure engineer or SysAdmin;
- Experience configuring Layer2/Layer3 hybrid networks, and managing network services such as DNS, DHCP, and NTP using opensource tools (Bind, dhcpd)
- Understanding of hardware management services such as CIMC, or UCS Manager;
- Deep understanding of Unix/Linux, and optionally Windows operating systems;
- Expertise with hybrid (bare metal/public cloud - AWS preferred) cloud environments including software defined networking.
- Familiarity with Bare Metal Kubernetes and related concepts such as the operator pattern;
- Experience working with Puppet, Ansible, or Terraform. Able to write manifests and modules.
- Experience with monitoring platforms such as Splunk, Datadog, Nagios, Prometheus, and Grafana to comprehend service health and create dashboards;
- Experience with storage administration such as Pure Storage, including troubleshooting;
- Strong experience troubleshooting system level issues including network, storage and system performance.
- Well organized, with ability to prioritize tasks independently, set goals and follow through in order to see them to completion.
The annual base salary range is: $153,000 - $230,000. Salary ranges are determined based on role, level and location. For positions open to candidates in multiple geographical locations, the base salary range is reflective of the labor market across the applicable locations. This role may be eligible for incentive pay and/or equity. And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events - check out purebenefits.com for more information.
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided