At The RealReal, we are building a world class DevOps culture by growing and investing in our Technical Operations team to support the growth of the Company and the Technology organization. As a Senior Cloud Database Engineer, you will be exposed to the latest technology and a data-driven culture, while immersed in a friendly, helpful engineering organization. As a member of a high-impact devops team, you’ll be able to shape the evolution of our cloud database infrastructure and represent our team to the rest of the organization.
You will deploy and manage our AWS Cloud-based databases including OpenSearch (ElasticSearch), DynamoDB, Kafka, and Aurora MySQL/Postgres. Bring your thorough, practiced understanding of DataOps to help shape The RealReal’s database infrastructure and Technology culture.
What You Get To Do Every Day
- Design, build, and evolve our OpenSearch (ElasticSearch), DynamoDB, Kafka, and Aurora MySQL/Postgres database infrastructure across production and non-production environments, employing infrastructure as code in Terraform.
- Collaborate efficiently and effectively with Engineers from various Technology teams (Security, DataScience, Application, IT) on complex problems involving functionality, scaling, and performance
- Exercise and promote security best practices with respect to database management
- Participate in an on-call rotation on a regular basis and respond to incidents reliably and professionally. Lead technical troubleshooting if necessary
What You Bring To The Role
- 4+ years experience working with non-relational databases in AWS specifically OpenSearch (ElasticSearch), DynamoDB, Kafka
- 4+ years experience building and maintaining highly available cloud based relational database infrastructure in AWS, specifically RDS Aurora MySQL and RDS Aurora Postgres
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code using Terraform or CloudFormation
- Use of Git and Github workflows
- Experience with database monitoring using DataDog, Performance Insights, or similar
- Experience in database troubleshooting and performance tuning
- Knowledgeable about database security
- Proficient in automating repeatable processes using Python or other preferred language
- Experience with database migrations and ETL, such as AWS DMS
- Experience working with Data Engineering and Data Science teams to support data pipelines
- Knowledge of the software development lifecycle, experience using SDLC-style development in automation and doing code reviews
- Experience working with a remote-first team using tools such as Slack and the Google Workspace
The expected salary range for this role is $113,017.00- $152,955.00. To determine starting pay we carefully consider a variety of factors, including primary work location and an evaluation of a candidate’s skills, experience, market demands, and internal parity. Additionally, salary is just one component of TRR’s total rewards package. Depending on role, employees may also be eligible for a bonus program, incentive pay and benefits.
Want to learn more about our team at The RealReal? Check out our Technology & Product Blog!
GHR6804 #LI-KC41 #LI-Remote
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided