** We are not open to working with external agencies on this role and are only considering candidates based in North America**
As a Staff DevOps Engineer, you will own the design, implementation, and delivery of application infrastructure, core services, performance monitoring, and database optimization at Postscript. Our application stack is Python (Flask) with a PostgreSQL database hosted on AWS on the backend, and our frontend is built with React JS. You will work closely with our platform and fullstack engineering team and engineering leaders to build out a roadmap that focuses on scaling our application infrastructure, implementing and owning application performance monitoring, and optimizing our databases.
Your natural empathy for users and passion for building great products, especially in early-stage companies, will lead you to have a meaningful and positive impact on both the product and the company. In addition, you will have the opportunity to help expand the engineering team and build processes that enable the team to rapidly iterate on DevOps, Database, and Infrastructure initiatives as we scale. All positions at Postscript are fully remote.
- Design, develop, deploy and maintain infrastructure using Terraform and the AWS console.
- Create a DevOps roadmap by aligning with teams and leadership on impact.
- Build and maintain application logging infrastructure.
- Optimize and scale our databases.
- Work with application teams to streamline development, testing, and deployment pipelines.
- Support application teams by establishing best practices in observability, reliability, performance and scalability of their applications.
- Support security functions within the organization as a result of infrastructure design and access controls.
- Expert-level experience building and managing application infrastructure using cloud computing services and infrastructure as code.
- Expertise working across and transitioning between a spectrum of monolithic and service oriented architectures with a strong container orchestration skillset.
- Demonstrated experience managing relational databases (PostgreSQL) and various data stores in a cloud environment (Key-value, In-memory, NoSQL, Message queue)
- Experience building out an event streaming platform.
- Hands-on application development experience with Python (Flask and SQLAlchemy) with experience with a compiled language like Go being a plus.
- Experience with capacity planning and scaling high volume and highly available applications.
- Experience with application monitoring and performance tuning.
- Experience with building and improving deployment pipelines.
- Operated as a leader by creating roadmaps, aligning stakeholders, and leading systems designs.
- Track record of improving developer efficiency and experience.
What We’ll Love About You
- Ability to drive technical decisions by measuring trade offs including business priorities and technical needs.
- Leverage technical expertise to iterate and deliver incremental improvements.
- Experience working with others as an excellent team player and collaborator.
- You may not regularly build applications now, but have in the past.
- Passion for early stage companies and the opportunity to be responsible for owning and improving a new, fast-growing platform.
- Empathy for users.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Remote work experience is a plus
What You’ll Love About Us
- Salary range of USD $200,000 to $230,000 base plus significant equity regardless of location
- High growth startup - plenty of room for you to directly impact the company and grow your career!
- Remote team - work from home (or wherever!)
- Fun - We’re passionate and enjoy what we do
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for equity
- Flexible paid time off
- Health, dental, vision insurance
- Other great perks, such as home office stipend
For information about how we use your personal data, please see our U.S. Job Applicant Privacy Notice
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided