Why Housecall Pro?
Help us build solutions that build better lives. At Housecall Pro, we show up to work every day to make a difference for real people: the home service professionals that support America’s 100 million homes.
We’re all about the Pro, and dedicate our days to helping them streamline operations, scale their businesses, and—ultimately—save time so they can be with their families and live well. We care deeply about our customers and foster a culture where our company, employees, and Pros grow and succeed together. Leadership is as focused on growing team members’ careers as they expect their teams to be on creating solutions for Pros.
- A generous benefits program that supports the whole you with medical, dental, vision, life, disability, and 401(k)
- Paid holidays and flexible, take-it-as-you-need-it paid time off
- Equity in a rapidly growing startup backed by top-tier VCs
- Monthly tech reimbursements
- A culture built on innovation that values big ideas, no matter where they come from
As a Staff DevOps Engineer, Delivery Lead, you will lead a technical team that focuses on enabling our engineers to deliver value to our customers quickly, safely, and often. You will work to understand the needs and pain points of our developers, instrument key metrics that help you keep a pulse on the performance of our engineering organization, and use all the information at your disposal to propose, plan, and execute improvements to the system. You will also build front-line support for the day-to-day delivery needs of our teams.
You will work as part of the larger Housecall Pro engineering team, collaborating to identify and implement the tools necessary to iterate the product lines rapidly and safely in the face of massive growth. Your ultimate goal is to enable engineering to help good Pros become great Pros.
This position requires enthusiasm for the details of code and systems running “in the wild.” You will face challenges with systems running real users and data that require imagination, tenacity, and attention to detail. Curiosity and the ability to learn on your feet will serve you well in this role.
Our Engineering team is extraordinary. We’re a hardworking and focused team driven to deliver industry-leading apps to our customers. Our success is their success. Our team of entrepreneurial, enthusiastic and client-focused team members are the "engine room" of Housecall Pro, helping our customers operate and grow their businesses.
As a qualified candidate, all of the following apply to you:
- You have a deep understanding of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery/Deployment. You’ve implemented both and are familiar with multiple tools in the space such as GitLab, CircleCI, CodeShip, Travis, etc.
- You are intimately familiar with building and operating infrastructure and applications on AWS.
- You are comfortable building infrastructure using Infrastructure as Code. You are confident using tools like Terraform, CloudFormation, Pulumi, or CDK.
- You’ve built and managed containerized workloads in development and production.
As an exceptional candidate, some or all of the following may apply to you:
- You’ve implemented Canary Deploys, Blue/Green deploys, automated production testing, or other tools that enable Continuous Deployment.
- You have advanced experience optimizing local development workflows.
- You have extensive experience running workloads on Kubernetes.
- You’ve worked as a software engineer and understand the challenges of delivering features.
- You have technical lead, team lead, or managerial experience.
Founded in 2013, Housecall Pro helps home service professionals (Pros) streamline every aspect of their business. With easy-to-use tools for scheduling, dispatching, payments, and more, Housecall Pro enables Pros to save time, grow profitably, and provide best-in-class service.
Housecall Pro’s brand portfolio includes BuildBook, construction management software for builders and remodelers, and CONQUER, a business coaching solution for home services businesses. Our brands are united by a singular mission to champion our Pros to success.
We support more than 25,000 businesses and have over 1,000 ambitious, mission-driven, genuinely fun-loving employees across the United States and all over the world. If you want to do work that impacts real people, supported by a team that will invest in you every step of the way, we’d love to hear from you.
Housecall Pro celebrates diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. #LI-RB1
Location Dependent Information
This role is open to candidates and the expected salary range for this role is $100,000-$120,000. The specific salary for the successful candidate will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location. This role is also eligible to participate in Housecall Pro’s equity plan and the following benefits: health care insurance (medical, dental, vision, disability), employee assistance program, 401(K), flexible time off, paid parental leave, tech reimbursement, and other company benefits. Housecall Pro is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. #LI-RB1
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided