Targeting candidates in South America, but anywhere in the world is a possibility.
Responsibilities & Skills
- Collaborative skills; being open to pair programming and working closely with Developers in cross-functional teams
- Scripting language or coding experience (ideally a programming language in addition to shell scripting)
- A strong technical background in build, release and environments, with experience and expertise with software build tools CI tools like Jenkins, TeamCity, GoCD
- Strong knowledge of Linux and/or Windows
- Strong knowledge of Cloud Computing providers (e.g., AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
- Familiarity with infrastructure provisioning tools (e.g., Terraform, CloudFormation, Azure ARM)
- Experience in container orchestration system like Kubernetes.
- Strong automation skills, including experience with unit testing and automated testing tools
- Proven ability to design and support robust build, deployment and configuration management systems for multi-tier JVM & .Net applications (e.g., Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Salt)
- Understanding of telemetry practises (monitoring, graphing, alerting, anomaly detection) and tools (e.g., Elastic, Grafana, Sensu, Prometheus)
- Solid understanding of networking concepts, technologies, and protocols (e.g., TCP/IP, IPSec, HTTP, FTP, DHCP, and DNS)
- Experience running software in production.
Our client is looking for DevOps Engineers with proven senior-level experience to join their network.
They’ve come to see operability as a fundamental tenet of their approach to building and delivering software. The reasoning? The role is not simply about facilitating the continuous delivery of quality software; they focus on the operational requirements they deliver to ensure that software runs in production, as desired.
Their DevOps Engineers draw on all their experience of DevOps practises in what’s a very hands-on, collaborative role – actively pairing with others to share knowledge and increase the delivery team’s maturity around Operability.