Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
San Diego, CA
Data Strategy & Operations (DSO) is responsible for providing global business intelligence solutions to Sony Interactive Entertainment.
We are seeking a Cloud Infrastructure Engineer to join DSO to ensure the successful delivery of business intelligence solutions for a growing worldwide customer base.
The successful candidate will be passionate about technology, data and using analytics to improve the business, and understand how this can be achieved in a cloud-based model. The candidate possesses exceptional attention to detail and is able to drive execution against challenging goals to deliver high quality solutions. The role will report to a DSO engineering manager.
The Cloud Infrastructure Engineer will be responsible for building and maintaining the business intelligence and analytics platform in the cloud. This will require development of virtual private clouds, compute and storage services to host various applications, and development of this platform to ensure it meets the requirements of the business both now and into the future. In order to achieve this, some out of hours support will be required, on a rota system. This platform will need to be scalable, performant, robust and secure. It will also need to meet the needs of hundreds of globally located users.
The focus will be on build and setup of the platform, and thereby minimizing the support overhead through automation; creating and maintaining documentation that shares how it works; and working closely both within the engineering team and more widely to share knowledge and collaborate.
Ideally the candidate will have exposure of running big data, business intelligence and analytics applications within the cloud, as well as experience in large distributed cloud-based architectures. Experienced in similar role and working in a fast-paced, complex, agile environment, and able to communicate both on a technical level, and also to non-technical stakeholders.
- Experience building AWS-related shared services
- Familiar with infrastructure as code automation technologies to build and deploy both infrastructure and applications (i.e. Terraform, Ansible)
- Scripting skills in bash, python or go
- Troubleshooting across storage and compute areas to determine optimal performance
- Set up and configuration of VPCs to ensure the platform is secure and efficient, and can be accessed by end users using a variety of tools. This includes access control, perimeter defenses and intrusion detection.
- Knowledgeable on costing aspects including monitoring of cost, as well as strategies for minimizing cost (i.e. spot instances, etc.)
- Hybrid cloud architectures
- Adept at using and configuring monitoring tools (i.e. DataDog, Splunk, CloudWatch).
- Familiar with distributed source code repositories, such as git
- Very familiar with data storage techniques, particularly S3.
- Experience building and using architectures that enable Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment
- Deep knowledge of high volume data processing techniques (i.e. Spark)
- Working with streaming data applications
- Knowledge of containers and their orchestration (i.e. Kubernetes)
- Lambda and AWS serverless services
- Familiar with working with databases (i.e. RedShift, Snowflake, Teradata) or Big Data technologies such as Hadoop
- Understanding of Data Science, ETL or Reporting workloads
- Previous experience working with Agile software development methodologies
- Experience in networking and sysadmin (linux) fundamentals, including private space IP address management, VPN and Direct Connect services.
- Awareness of open source projects such as Airflow, CloudCustodian, Packer, Jupyter
- Technical accreditation is preferred (i.e. AWS / CNCF certification)
- Minimum 3 years of work experience in a corporate work environment
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided