Permanent employee, Full-time · Berlin
THE IMPACT YOU WILL MAKE
You have experience as a Fullstack engineer with keen interest in cloud-native infrastructure done right. As a member of the charles Platform team, you are responsible for the reliable service experience for Charles customers. Working together with the engineering leadership, you will establish and improve many of the policies, strategies, and automation to achieve reliable and cost-effective service execution. You will own a portion of the site-wide infrastructure and platform that host all the product services of Charles.
THIS IS WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Automating resource provisioning including compute and storage resources, logging, monitoring.
- Building basic frontends and dashboards for visually presenting of the backend infrastructure automations via REST APIs.
- Managing cost-opimization with refactoring automations, infrastructure architecture, and utilisation reviews.
- Operate the site-wide infrastructure with Terraform and Kubernetes.
- Own the monitoring and alerting with focus on prediction of outages.
- Document every action so your findings turn into repeatable actions–and then into automation.
- Full task automation of internal business processes, such as client onboarding-related provisioning, configuration of infrastructure for go-live including monitoring, scaling data ingress, scaling number of requests
- Supporting application service development , CI/CD and production operation for the application engineers to become more effective and productive
- Design, build and maintain core infrastructure pieces that allow Charles scaling to support the next growth in customer base.
- Build infrastructure test suites for regression fortification against future change.
- Diagnose and debug site-wide production incidents.
- Establish and automate disaster recovery and failover mechanisms for core platform services.
YOU'LL FIT GREAT WITH THESE SKILLS AND VALUES
- Are proficient in CI/CD (Github actions, Argo CD) and infrastructure-as-code automation such as but not limited to Terraform.
- Have experience with Docker, or other container technologies
- Have experience with the Google Cloud provider, and running Kubernetes clusters there.
- Have programming skills with “native” languages such as Golang, or another language.
- Know your way around Linux and the Unix Shell.
- Have an urge to collaborate and communicate with the team members.
- Have an urge to document all the things so you don't need to learn the same thing twice.
- Have an urge for delivering quickly and iterating fast.
- Have an enthusiastic, go-for-it attitude. When you see something broken, you can't help but fix it.
- You have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science or any other related quantitative field or equivalent years of relevant experience.
- Have Fullstack experience with extensive knowledge of backend (Node.js, Golang) and data processing (SQL).
- You have domain knowledge in messaging, commerce, customer relationship management or alike
WHAT MAKES CHARLES UNIQUE?
- We are firm believers of customer empathy in Product Development
- We are first. Conversational Commerce is destined to be the future trailing Mobile Commerce, and we will shape it together.
- We are small but popular. No dress code, no rigid processes, no political discussions. Just do your best!
- We are radically optimistic. We believe ideas no matter how big or small have power and we welcome anyone to voice them.
- We are a whole team: Experienced Founders, experienced Engineers, top-tier Strategy Consultants, boundless Creatives, Rockstar Interns, bold Marketing experts and last but not least YOU.
- We offer a flexible working environment built on trust where everyone can find a good balance between private life and work
THINGS WE OFFER:
- ESOP (virtual stock options) to share in the ownership and success of charles
- A brand new office in the heart of Berlin overlooking the wall memorial
- Competitive compensation package
- Discounts on BVG tickets
- Subsidized Urban Sports Club membership
- Personal trainer on Mondays
- Meditation session on Tuesdays
- Free company lunch on Thursdays
- A friendly, open, multicultural work environment
- Parties and team events: we like to celebrate our major/micro-wins as well as get to know each other better at regular team-building events
Our vision is to become the global backbone of Conversational Commerce (cCom). We at Charles believe "traffic" will exponentially move from the streets and the browser into chat apps. In a world where cCom is the 3rd big pillar of commerce, gluing together all channels unlocks the full potential of personalization between companies and consumers. For any situation in life, we believe It’s better to have a conversation. Conversations are the human superpower to create trust, shape relationships and avoid misunderstandings. In life as in commerce. Between people as between consumers & companies. With our B2B SaaS software, Charles empowers companies to master this opportunity by seamlessly bringing their business into chat. Founded by Kapten & Son Co-Founder Artjem Weissbeck and ex-McKinsey E-Commerce lead Andreas Tussing, we're facing an exponentially growing number of clients and are backed by prestigious investors Accel and HV Capital. Now it is time for you to join us on our journey and pioneer Conversational Commerce together!
At Charles we know teams perform and innovate best when they are diverse. We are committed to creating an inclusive and belonging environment where our employees can bring the best and only version of themselves. We embrace and fearlessly welcome meaningful work and innovation no matter of age, gender identity, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, disability, status, neurodiversity, and else. With our growth, we want to commit to reflecting these values and strive to create a workplace where everyone feels heard and valued.
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided