Are you ready to combine your passion for an active lifestyle with a meaningful and multifaceted career in the cycling industry? At Specialized, our teammates are encouraged to explore roles in a variety of functions throughout their careers. We value curiosity, a desire to try new things, and an eagerness to learn about all aspects of the business. No matter where you begin with the company, you get to decide where you want to go whether it’s marketing, finance, product development, sales, or an international assignment. Join us in making the world a better place through the power of bicycles and build your dream career at the same time!
Location: Remote/Hybrid SLC
Specialized is seeking a Sr. DevOps Engineer to join our remote team. In this role you will be responsible for managing and maintaining our growing cloud infrastructure. The role will be focused on automating, securing, and standardizing the management of our deployment pipelines. To be successful in this role you must be comfortable wearing many hats and learning on the job! Cloud infrastructure development experience and strong communication skills are also a must. You will have the opportunity to be exposed to a wide variety of cloud-based technologies and help accelerate the growth of our application platforms.
Experience in a small, fast-paced environment is crucial - we are light on our feet! Experience or an interest in endurance sports or a related discipline would be great, but not necessary.
How you’ll make a difference
- Analyse developer needs via use cases and requirements gathering to identify and propose the required architecture
- Identify components, frameworks and best-in-class patterns for integration within our software products
- Participate in the development of systems necessary to build high performance, scalable and secure applications
- Work with engineering teams to streamline deployments, automate functions, and secure the overall landscape
- Create and maintain high quality documentation
What you need to win
- Demonstrated experience of Linux system administration and AWS administration (Lambda, ECS, EC2, ELB, VPC, RDS, Route53, S3, CloudWatch), with at least 5 years of experience of system administration or network administration
- In-depth knowledge of infrastructure as code tools such as Terraform or CloudFormation
- Working knowledge in container and container management technologies such as Docker, ECS, or Kubernetes
- Experience with Git source control and ideally cloud based Git providers such as GitHub, GitLab, or Bitbucket
- Experience with CI/CD tools such as GitHub Actions, CircleCI, or Jenkins
- Exceptional knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP, and SSL
- Knowledge of Network architectures such as routers, firewalls, load balancers
- Experience writing code in a language such as Bash, Python, Go, or Java
- Experience with working within a compliance framework and ensuring compliance requirements are met. i.e., ISO 27001, SOC2, etc.
- Strong customer focus, ownership, urgency and drive
- Strong self-initiative, interpersonal skills, and the flexibility to quickly synthesize new ideas and concepts
Even better if you have…
- Self-starter that identifies problems, brings solutions, and is not afraid to step in and start working
- You are a passionate with an ever positive, can-do attitude
- Demonstrate use of out-of-box thinking for creative solutions to complex problems
- You'll be a fun and enthusiastic teammate who enjoys a challenge and celebrates success
- An interest in cycling, endurance sport technology or general fitness technologies will be highly regarded!
Here at Specialized we believe that bikes have the power to change lives for the better. We are a culture of barrier-breakers, but we need your unique ideas and backgrounds to help us push boundaries and change the world. We are always looking for creative, innovative, and passionate people who can contribute to our mission of getting people outside. Regardless of your qualifications, if you think this could be you and you're ready to make a difference, please apply! We hope that you will reach out and show us how you can make an impact here.
We want to increase representation of all races, genders, and body types in the cycling industry and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce where all people thrive. We encourage everyone – especially those from marginalized groups – to apply to our job postings and help us earn the position as the rider’s brand of choice. We are always looking for creative, innovative, and passionate people who are eager to contribute to our mission of pedaling the planet forward. Regardless of your qualifications, if you are ready to make a difference, please apply and let us know how you can make an impact at Specialized!
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided